SUMMER ART PROGRAM FOR TEENS
SOCIALLY DISTANCED TEEN PROGRAM: AGES 12-17
CREATIVE ADVENTURE IN DRAWING, PAINTING, & SELF-EXPRESSION
1:00 – 4:00 pm, Monday – Friday
Enjoy a socially distanced, safe, small group in-person teen art program.
Calling all creative teens who want to feel inspired to spark their inner-artist and have fun through art while staying safe and healthy this summer! In The Art Studio NY’s inspiring socially distanced summer art camp for teens in New York City, budding artists tap into their creativity as they learn to express themselves through painting, drawing, mixed-media, and artistic self-expression.
Our priority is safety this summer while also offering teens the opportunity to connect with friends, old and new. With socially distanced summer camp for teens, with both indoor and outdoor options, see your teen HAPPY THIS SUMMER at the best art camp in NYC! To create the safest environment possible, our summer teen art camps have a maximum of 8 participants per daily camp session while strictly sticking to the rules of social distancing of six feet apart. Your family’s well-being is our top priority. Click HERE for detailed COVID protocols that we take seriously.
Small Groups for Teens (Ages 12+)
Enjoy in-person, socially distanced summer FUN, friendship, and creative art program in a safe outdoor environment with New York City’s #1-rated art studio, The Art Studio NY! With small groups of 8 participants maximum, we will express our inner-artists in spacious, beautiful outdoor locations in Central Park, Riverside Park, and other outdoor spots where we will maintain a distance of at least 6 feet from one another.
Feel inspired by our colorful parks, gardens, landscapes, and city architecture as you learn artistic techniques, explore new art materials, receive expert art instruction based on your needs and interests, and create unique artwork to feel proud of. Come with a friend or make new friends… All are welcome in our warm, joyful, SAFE and upbeat New York City outdoor summer art camp!
Whether you are a beginner, a more advanced artist, or preparing your art portfolio for high school or college, this inspiring NYC Outdoor Art Camp will spark your creative juices and pump up your creative excitement. All levels are welcome, including beginners.
Small group art instruction is provided so each participant both stays safe and receives ongoing personalized attention and guidance tailored to your skill level, needs and interests. In our socially distanced outdoor art camp, kids and teens will:
- Explore and learn new drawing, painting, and mixed-media art techniques while tapping into your unique self-expression
- Have fun socializing and connecting with friends, old and new, while releasing your creativity
- Enjoy tailor-made, encouraging and non-judgemental one-on-one expert art instruction from our New York City art educators as you create artwork with watercolor paints, charcoal, pastels, pencil drawing, mixed-media and more
- Tap into your inner-artist as you learn techniques in landscape painting and drawing, abstract art, detailed sketching, shading, perspective, color blending, manga drawing, comics and cartooning, and more!
- Learn how to draw and paint “En Plein Air” like the masters Monet and Renoir
- Tap into your personal, unique artistic style
- Explore, practice and advance your drawing class techniques, such as: composition, shading, depth, line quality, dimension, realism, personal subject matter, mark making, and your own stylistic expression
- Experiment with and learn about art techniques related to landscape drawing and painting, including lighting, color blending, contrast, drawing and painting from observation, abstraction, color fields, layering and more
- Receive the lasting benefits of art classes proven by science, including enhanced relaxation, greater focus, increased self-esteem, boosted social skills and heightened academic success
- Learn about famous artists, enjoy art history fun-facts and feel inspired
- Create unique art projects to feel proud of while engaging (from 6’ apart) socially with old and new friends
- The fun doesn’t stop on rainy days or during inclement weather, we will meet live and online!
- Camp age groups include kids 7-11 and teens 12+
- Come with a friend or make brand new friends!
Outdoor Program Precautions to Stay Safe
We are committed to the safety and health of our students and staff. To ensure a safe summer camp experience, our outdoor art camps will:
- Take place in less crowded spaces in parks and outdoor spaces with fresh air
- Not share art supplies per suggested by the CDC. We will provide an art supply list and online purchasing options.
- Your child or teen will bring their art supplies daily.
- To prevent the spread of COVID-19, it is not permitted to share art supplies between kids (other than siblings)
- Kids will provide their own picnic blankets for sitting on the grass, benches, or other park surfaces and will socially distance
- Kids are requested to bring sanitizer for frequent hand cleaning and follow all hygiene rules
- The use of face masks and other protective gear is required for staff and all participants
- Please CLICK HERE for more detailed health and safety rules that The Art Studio NY summer programs will strictly follow:
Health Benefits of Our Outdoor Art Program in NYC
- Data has shown outdoor camps to be the safest camp option this summer
- Kids and Teens can enjoy fun and friendship while feeling safer outdoors
- It’s summer! What could be better than being in fresh air, sunshine, socializing and expressing ourselves freely through art and FUN?
- Opportunity to explore new places and secret outdoor spots of natural beauty in New York City
- Making learning fun. Feel inspired and learn to create en plein aire outdoors, like many famous artists have
- Peace of mind, calmness and anxiety reduction from being in nature
Dates, Pricing and Registration
Afternoon: 1 pm – 4 pm, Monday – Friday
8 teens maximum
- July 20-24
- July 27 – 31
- August 3-7
- August 10-14
- August 17-21
- August 24-28
LOCATIONS: Location will be shared upon registration completion. All locations will be in outdoor locations easily accessible to both the Upper West and Upper East Sides.
Ages 12+ Teens Summer Socially Distanced Outdoor Art Progams Weekly Schedule
Click a week to learn more about the outdoor summer art programs and sign up.
CREATIVE PAINTING, DRAWING, MIXED-MEDIA, & MORE!
Enjoy socially distanced, safe, small group in-person art program.
Join New York City’s #1-Rated art studio, The Art Studio NY, as we keep kids happy, safe, entertained and healthy with our enriching summer art program. With socially distanced summer program for kids, with both indoor and outdoor options, see your child HAPPY THIS SUMMER at the best kids art camp in NYC! To create the safest environment possible, our summer art camps have a maximum of 8 children per daily camp session while strictly sticking to the rules of social distancing of six feet apart. Your family’s well-being is our top priority. Click HERE for detailed COVID protocols that we take seriously.
Our engaging, educational and FUN art camp experience is for kids of all ages and all artistic backgrounds, total beginners included. On NYC’s Upper West Side, our art camp for kids nurtures your child with creativity, inspiration, friendship and encouragement. Our small-sized kids art camp classes will have a maximum of eight kids, so your child will receive maximum attention and guidance while staying safe with social distancing. Every child receives one-on-one art instruction from our highly skilled, professional NYC artists who are passionate about YOUR child’s happiness.
In all of our art camps for kids, children of all ages learn a variety of artistic techniques combined with the freedom to authentically express themselves through art. Artistic techniques and materials explored in our camp include: Painting on canvas, pastel painting, watercolor painting, mixed-media creativity, art projects inspired by famous artists, creative art history fun-facts, drawing with pencil, shading, composition, portraiture, still life, realism, abstraction, landscapes and more!
While our art camp for kids is packed with summer magic and FUN, they are also good for your child’s health! In our kids art camp, children receive the scientifically proven benefits of art classes, including:
- Boosted self-esteem and happier moods
- Enhanced social and communication skills
- Stress-relief and relaxation skills
- Higher levels of focus
- Improved problem solving tools
- Healthy brain development
- Improved test scores
Ages 12+ Teens Summer Socially Distanced In Studio Art Programs Weekly Schedule
Click a week to learn more about the in studio summer art camps and sign up.
In the #1-rated art studio in NYC, this teen art camp is not to be missed. Teens receive one-on-one customized art instruction with professional artists as they explore artistic techniques including color theory, art history, acrylic painting, realistic and abstract drawing, mixed-media expression, line quality, composition, shading, texture, personal style, realism, abstraction, and more.
Whether your teen is an up-and-coming artist, preparing for a future portfolio, or a beginner, The Art Studio NY’s warm and nurturing professional teaching artists will work one-on-one with each teen throughout our art camp for teens in order to foster joyful, artistic growth while creating artwork that your teen will be proud of.
As each student explores acrylic paint on canvas, oil pastels, charcoal, mixed-media expression, watercolor painting, pencil drawing, comics and cartooning, graffiti art, ink, portraiture and more, teens will build their self-esteem while learning to express themselves fully. They will also benefit from the known proven benefits of art classes, including strengthening their communication skills, decreased anxiety, relaxation skills, increased focus, boosted self-esteem, problem-solving skills through art and in everyday life, and even greater academic achievement. All artistic levels welcome in our non-judgemental, engaging and upbeat art studio in New York City.
Small group art instruction is provided so each teen receives ongoing personalized attention and guidance tailored to your skill level, needs and interests. Enjoy this socially distanced art program just for teens as YOU:
- Receive tailor-made, encouraging one-on-one expert teen art instruction in drawing, painting, artistic technique and individual self-expression in a small group setting (8 teens maximum)
- Learn how to express your personal artistic style
- Explore, practice and advance your drawing and painting techniques, such as: composition, shading, depth, line quality, dimension, realism, subject matter choice, mark making, brush work, texture, and developing your own unique style
- Experiment with and learn about art techniques related to a variety of drawing and painting genres, including lighting, color blending, contrast, drawing and painting from observation, abstraction, landscape art, realism, color fields, layering and more
- Enjoy social engagement with a community of like-minded people. At this time of COVID-19, we need community and friendships more than ever
*Due to CDC recommendations, we will not provide art supplies. A list of supplies will be provided, you may purchase supplies from our art studio or have art supplies delivered to your home HERE.