NOTE: This is an Online Art Class. Our instructors will work with you over high-quality live video and teach you to make art from the comfort of your home.
NOTE:The Art Studio NY conducts classes from New York City, United States (Eastern Daylight Time)
Read More about your instructor: Claire Wyman
Combine your creativity with technology and create your very own beautiful digital artwork! In this beginner's crash course to digital art creation, use Procreate to express your inner-artist! Procreate is one of the most easy-to-learn and accessible ways to make digital art... Just download the app and feel inspired and guided with our NYC virtual art studio instruction in this one-time digital art class. Learn all you need to know your way around Procreate, and begin making your very own inspiring digital artwork! Experiment with all of the tools you'll need to use in order to create a colorful, digital flower arrangement to feel proud of. You’ll be having so much fun drawing that you’ll forget you were even learning a new program in the first place! Carve out some time for yourself to relax, nurture yourself and experience the joy of art making from the convenience of anywhere in the world... right from your lap.
In this Beginner's Procreate Digital Art Class that takes place virtually, you will:
- Learn the basic tools to start making art in Procreate
- Understand the fluency of how Procreate easily relates to traditional drawing materials by exploring different brush and texture tools
- Add vibrant color and get inspired by how easy it is to “drop” a color into a space or adjust colors, create color palettes, or swap out colors
- Understand how to adjust your work quickly without having to erase or recolor
- Learn how to create and save a variety of palettes of color
- Export your artwork and the process video behind it as an MP4 (Yes, you can walk away from every project with a video showing how you made it!)
- Experiment with mixing, matching, taking away, or adding to your digital art with tools including selecting items, move tool, copy/paste, distorting, flipping and rotating your artwork, color drop feature, eyedropper tool, adjusting colors, and more!
- Receive individualized feedback and guidance according to your interests, needs and personal style
- Enjoy the health and wellness benefits of art classes, including stress, anxiety and depression relief, boosted self-esteem and connection to yourself and our warm virtual art community
Materials not included.
Please download the latest version of Procreate to your apple smartphone or tablet. Optional: Touch Pen for those who do not want to use their fingers on the app.
Online Zoom Art Class Materials:
All online classes are now held online in our virtual art classrooms using zoom classrooms. Art class materials should be ordered ahead of the first class meeting time. Or you may use materials you already have.
Materials are not included. Please download the latest version of Procreate to your smartphone or tablet. Optional: Touch Pen for those who do not want to use their fingers on the app.
Purchase our discounted art kit or see our online materials list.