NOTE: This is an Online Art Class. Our instructors will work with you over high-quality live video and teach you to make art from the comfort of your home.
NOTE:The Art Studio NY conducts classes from New York City, United States (Eastern Daylight Time)
Read More about your instructor: Claire Wyman
Explore the colorful world of watercolor painting with paintbrush in hand!
Join in creativity, connection and community in this LIVE, engaging ONLINE art class. Relax and enjoy learning, experimenting, and mastering watercolor painting techniques while tapping into your authentic self-expression. Deepen your joy and discover your artistic voice through this personally guided painting workshop that will ignite your creativity and make you feel alive. In this painting workshop for artists of all levels, you will receive step-by-step, encouraging art instruction by a professional New York City artist.
In this beginner's art workshop, you will:
- Experiment, explore and learn how to create your own painting on paper that is an expression of who you are
- Deepen your knowledge of color mixing and how to create color palettes that are expressive and beautiful
- Receive step-by-step guidance and nurturing art instruction by a professional New York City artist
- Enjoy live painting technique demonstrations
- Practice basic painting techniques, including: how to create and build texture, composition, both abstract and realistic painting techniques, layering of paint, expressive mark making, and more!
- Relax and have fun in our non-judgmental, fear-free and supportive online art class
- Discover your own unique style and voice through painting
- Engage in a supportive group environment with like-minded people. At this time of COVID-19, we need community more than ever
- Receive the therapeutic health and wellness benefits of art and painting workshops, including stress relief, increased relaxation, mood enhancement, increased serotonin, self-empowerment, and increased self-esteem
Perfect for those who want to begin painting at home, but don't know how to start!
Materials you will need: Watercolor paper, Watercolor paints, Watercolor brushes, Cup of water, Pencil, and Eraser .
Online Zoom Art Class Materials:
All online classes are now held online in our virtual art classrooms using zoom classrooms. Art class materials should be ordered ahead of the first class meeting time. Or you may use materials you already have.
Materials are not included. You will need: Watercolor Paper, Watercolor Paints, Watercolor Brushes, Pencil, Eraser, Cup of water. Optional : Blue Painter's Tape
Purchase our discounted art kit or see our online materials list.