Read More about your instructor: The Art Studio NY Staff
Create a beautiful floral watercolor painting in just one sitting in this in-person art class in New York City! Enjoy this inspiring, relaxing, and socially distanced outdoor adult watercolor painting class with New York City’s #1-rated art studio, The Art Studio NY! With our small group art classes, we will express our inner artists in spacious, beautiful outdoor location in Central Park on The Upper East Side where we will feel uplifted by the beauty of nature as our muse.
Feel inspired by the colors, textures and natural beauty of flowers, and capture their blossoming and blooming through your own unique watercolor painting! Experience the inner-peace of nature’s beauty, receive the increased health benefits and stress-reduction of watercolor painting, and learn artistic techniques that inspire your authentic self-expression! As you explore watercolor painting in this in-person art class, receive individualized expert art instruction based on your needs and interests, and create a painting to feel proud of in just one class. Learn about landscape “en plein air” painting, color mixing, personal style, brush techniques, sheer and opaque layering, and many important watercolor art techniques. Connect with our warm and non-judgemental community, enjoy the beauty, relaxation and stress-relief of painting flowers with watercolors, and discover the best part of your week.
This art class is perfect for all levels, total beginners welcome! Small group art instruction is provided so each participant both stays safe and receives one-on-one art instruction to support your creative development and authentic self-expression. In our socially distanced outdoor watercolor art class in NYC, adults will:
- Explore a variety of watercolor painting techniques and learn how to paint flowers while tapping into your unique self-expression
- Enjoy tailor-made, encouraging and non-judgemental one-on-one expert art instruction from a New York City art educator and artist
- Learn how to paint “En Plein Air” like the masters Monet and Renoir with the inspiration of New York City’s Central Park
- Enjoy guided demonstrations of important artistic tips, techniques and tools as you practice watercolor painting class techniques as you learn to paint trees
- Learn the most important watercolor techniques such as wet on wet, wet on dry, color layering, water usage, watercolor washes, expressive mark making, and composition, and incorporate these painting tools into your artwork
- Discover your own personal and authentic artistic style
- Receive the proven mental and emotional health benefits of art classes, including the reduction of stress, anxiety and depression, and the enhanced benefits of boosted self-esteem, relaxation, mental clarity, focus, and inner-peace
Due to the possibility of inclement weather, any art class that cannot take place outdoors will automatically meet online at the same time and day.
Materials are not included. You may order your art supplies on our website HERE, or bring the following supplies with you for each class. You will need:
- a pencil and eraser
- watercolor paper (a pad you feel comfortable carrying)
- watercolor pan of paints (any brand)
- watercolor paint brushes
- a container for water and a supply of water for painting
- a few paper towels or napkins
- roll of masking tape
Outdoor Class Precautions to Stay Safe
We are committed to the safety and health of our students and staff. To ensure a safe learning experience, our outdoor art classes will:
- Take place during less crowded times and days or spaces in parks
- All of our staff members are fully vaccinated
- To prevent the spread of COVID-19, art supplies will not be shared between students or staff
- Students are requested to bring sanitizer for frequent hand cleaning
- The use of face masks and other protective gear is required for unvaccinated participants
Meeting Location and Time:
Directions will be emailed.
Art Class Materials:
In-person classes art supplies note. Art class materials should be ordered ahead of the first class meeting time. Or you may use materials you already have.
Click here to see our online materials list and order them to be shipped directly to you.