NOTE: This is an Online Art Class. Our instructors will work with you over high-quality live video and teach you to make art from the comfort of your home. We will return to in-person art classes while continuing online art classes when the uncertainties around Coronavirus are resolved.
NOTE:The Art Studio NY conducts classes from New York City, United States (Eastern Daylight Time)
Read More about your instructor: Emma Waldman
*This weekly class session has already begun, but it's never too late to create! When available, we keep registration open in our art classes so you may join a class that has already started. WE PRORATE THE COST TO REFLECT THE NUMBER OF WEEKS LEFT IN THE CLASS.
Nurture your creativity with inspiring pastel art lessons for all ages and all levels! Soft pastel classes are the perfect way to relax, de-stress, and tap into your inner-artist.
Learn endless art techniques in your soft pastel painting lessons, including: self-expression through color, layering, blending, composition, personalized subject matter, texture, pastel color mixing, and more.
Enjoy exploring a variety of subject matter in your online art class, including: still life, landscapes, portraiture, abstraction, realism, and working from other artists that inspire you. Join in creativity, connection and community in this LIVE, engaging ONLINE art class.
In our weekly Soft Pastel Painting Class, you will:
- Experiment, explore, and learn how to create your own soft pastel painting on paper that is an expression of who you are
- Deepen your knowledge of color mixing and how to create color palettes that are expressive and beautiful
- Receive step-by-step guidance and nurturing art instruction by a professional New York City artist and expert art instructor
- Enjoy live soft pastel painting technique demonstrations
- Practice dozens of new soft pastel techniques, including: how to create and build texture, color blending applications, layering of pastels, expressive mark making, and more!
- Relax and have fun in our non-judgmental, fear-free, and supportive online art class
- Discover your own unique style and voice through acrylic painting
- Engage in a supportive group environment with like-minded people. At this time of COVID-19, we need community more than ever
- Receive the therapeutic health and wellness benefits of art and soft pastel workshops, including stress relief, anxiety and depression reduction, increased relaxation, mood enhancement, increased serotonin, self-empowerment, and increased self-esteem
Online Zoom Art Class Materials:
All online classes are now held online in our virtual art classrooms using zoom classrooms. Art class materials should be ordered ahead of the first class meeting time. Or you may use materials you already have.
Click here to see our online materials list and order them to be shipped directly to you.