Read More about your instructor: Claire Wyman
*This weekly class session has already begun, but it's never too late to create! When available, we keep registration open in our art classes so you may join a class that has already started. WE PRORATE THE COST TO REFLECT THE NUMBER OF WEEKS LEFT IN THE CLASS.
Calling all creative kids who are ready to learn and master new drawing skills in one of New York City’s most inspiring museum while having a LOT of fun. Receive the top-notch, engaging and non-judgemental art instruction that The Art Studio NY is known for. Whether you are a beginner, a more advanced artist, or preparing your fine art portfolio for high school or college, this inspiring drawing experience in Manhattan will spark your inner-artist and allow you to create artwork to feel proud of.
Small group art instruction is provided so each child receives ongoing personalized attention and guidance tailored to your skill level, needs and interests. Enjoy the beauty and inspiration of New York City's American Museum of Natural History(AMNH) as YOU:
- Receive tailor-made, encouraging one-on-one expert teen art instruction in drawing, artistic technique, and individual self-expression in a small group setting (6 students maximum)
- Create beautiful artwork with pencil drawings in the museum
- Feel inspired by the AMNH museum’s life-size sculptures, colorful exhibits, architecture and interior spaces such as The Cullman Hall of the Universe
- Learn how to express your personal artistic style
- Explore, practice and advance your drawing class techniques, such as: composition, shading, depth, line quality, dimension, realism, subject matter, mark making, and your own unique artistic style
- Experiment with and learn about art techniques related to landscape drawing, including lighting, color blending, contrast, drawing from observation, abstraction, color fields, layering and more
- Receive the lasting benefits of drawing classes proven by science, including enhanced relaxation, greater focus, and increased academic success
All levels welcome.
Materials are not included. Each student should bring a Drawing pad (any size student is comfortable carrying), a pencil, an eraser and colored pencils.
Museum admission is included.
Due to long waiting lines at the AMNH, students must plan accordingly to enter museum as a group with timed entry reservation. The Art Studio NY will not be providing makeup classes or refunds for students who are late or miss a class.
**Meeting spot will be sent in a separate email from The Art Studio NY a week prior.**
Special Notes regarding vaccinations:
- All visitors ages 12 and up must show proof of vaccination.
- Beginning December 14, 2021, children ages 5-11 will be required to show proof of at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccination.
- Beginning December 27, 2021, individuals ages 12 and older will be required to show proof that they have received two doses of the Pfizer, Moderna, or another approved vaccine, or the one dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine.
The Art Studio NY will not be providing Refunds for individuals who do not meet the Health and Safety Protocols of The American Museum of Natural History. Please plan accordingly.
We also offer private lessons at this Museum. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
Art Class Materials:
In-person classes art supplies note. Art class materials should be ordered ahead of the first class meeting time. Or you may use materials you already have.
Click here to see our online materials list and order them to be shipped directly to you.