Connect with our exclusive global art community!
Register for adult multi-week classes and enjoy 24-7 access to our Members Only online portal and receive support, inspiration and guidance from our team of expert art instructors.
Read More about your instructor: Jordin Alanis
Escape the everyday and express your inner-artist in this inspiring in-person New York City drawing class at The Metropolitan Museum of Art. This drawing class is perfect for all levels, total beginners included. Everyone can draw, including YOU! With a professional NYC artist and inspiring educator as your guide, you will learn the most valuable drawing techniques, including composition, shading, mark making, and your own personal style. Feel inspired by the beauty and inspiration of world-famous paintings, sculpture and architecture in New York City's Metropolitan Museum of Art art as YOU:
- Receive tailor-made, encouraging one-on-one expert art instruction in drawing
- Feel inspired to create drawings with the MET museum’s life-size sculptures, portrait busts, master drawings and paintings, and interior spaces such as Egyptian Temples and views of Central Park as your muse
- Learn how to express yourself authentically through drawing while discovering your personal drawing style
- Explore, learn and practice drawing class techniques, such as: composition, shading, depth, line, dimension, pencil mark making, and a variety of subject matter including landscapes, figure drawing, still life and more
- Enjoy a weekly escape in NYC's world famous museum as you create art that expresses your point of view
- Deepen your appreciation of the world's greatest artworks and feel free to spend the afternoon at the MET after class
- Receive the scientifically proven health benefits of drawing classes, such as improved mental health, greater relaxation, stress-relief, mental clarity and a reduction of anxiety and depression
All levels welcome.
PLEASE NOTE: Museum admission is included in the cost of this art class. The Art Studio NY will purchase and provide weekly entry tickets into the MET for all students of this drawing class. Due to museum policy, our art studio cannot provide discounts for students who hold MET memberships, as memberships are not valid for group class visits.
Art materials are not included. Please purchase and bring the following weekly:
• Drawing paper of any size that you are comfortable carrying (Please do not purchase newsprint)
• Drawing pencils: 4H, 2H, HB, 2B, and 4B
• Kneaded gum eraser (looks like a gray gum-like square)
This in-person drawing class and its participants follow all Health and Safety Guidelines regulated by The MET.
This art class does not guarantee seating due to gallery availability. Our art instructors will do their best to incorporate galleries with seating, and seats may be limited based on museum rules, practices and gallery availability. The MET Museum does not offer coatcheck at this time. Please plan accordingly.
Due to the limited capacity of this class, refunds or credits due to absence or tardiness are not offered. Failure to comply with The MET Museum's COVID -19 Health and Safety Protocols will also not receive a refund or credits (ex. failure to wear mask).
Interested in private art lessons? We offer private and small group customized drawing classes at the MET Museum. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
Meeting Location and Time:
Directions for meet up locations will be emailed to you after purchase.
Art Class Materials:
In-person classes art supplies note. Art class materials should be ordered ahead of the first class meeting time. Or you may use materials you already have.
Materials are not included. You are required to bring the following art supplies with you (which can be purchased at any art store): • drawing paper of any size you are comfortable carrying (<b>do not purchase newsprint</b>) • Drawing Pencils 4H, 2H, HB, 2B, and 4B • Kneaded gum eraser (looks like a gray gum-like square).
Purchase our discounted art kit or see our online materials list.
Met Museum description