NOTE: This is an Online Art Class. Our instructors will work with you over high-quality live video and teach you to make art from the comfort of your home. The Art Studio NY conducts classes from New York City, United States (Eastern US Time Zone)
*It’s never too late to create! This art class has already begun, and we welcome new students to join at the prorated cost that reflects the number of weeks remaining in the class. Our instructors will catch you up!.
Nurture your creativity with inspiring pastel art lessons for all ages and all levels! Soft (chalk) pastel classes are the perfect way to relax, de-stress, and tap into your inner-artist.
Learn endless art techniques in your soft (chalk) pastel painting lessons, including: self-expression through color, layering, blending, composition, personalized subject matter, texture, pastel color mixing, and more.
Enjoy exploring a variety of subject matter in your online art class, including: still life, landscapes, portraiture, abstraction, realism, and working from other artists that inspire you. Join in creativity, connection and community in this LIVE, engaging ONLINE art class.
In our weekly Soft (chalk) Pastel Painting Class, you will:
- Experiment, explore, and learn how to create your own soft (chalk) pastel painting on paper that is an expression of who you are
- Deepen your knowledge of color mixing and how to create color palettes that are expressive and beautiful
- Receive step-by-step guidance and nurturing art instruction by a professional New York City artist and expert art instructor
- Enjoy live soft (chalk) pastel painting technique demonstrations
- Practice dozens of new soft (chalk) pastel techniques, including: how to create and build texture, color blending applications, layering of pastels, expressive mark making, and more!
- Relax and have fun in our non-judgmental, fear-free, and supportive online art class
- Discover your own unique style and voice through acrylic painting
- Engage in a supportive group environment with like-minded people. At this time of COVID-19, we need community more than ever
- Receive the therapeutic health and wellness benefits of art and soft pastel workshops, including stress relief, anxiety and depression reduction, increased relaxation, mood enhancement, increased serotonin, self-empowerment, and increased self-esteem
You will need the following materials:
- Soft (chalk) pastels
- Toned Paper
NOTE: This class does not use Oil Pastels . Please inquire at email@example.com for upcoming classes.
Art Class Materials:
Materials are not included.
You will need:
- Toned Paper (any size),
- soft pastels,
- blending stump,
- pencil, and
- Note: We recommend Blick Art Materials, but you can use any brand you like.