NOTE: This is an Online Art Class. Our instructors will work with you over high-quality live video and teach you to make art from the comfort of your home. The Art Studio NY conducts classes from New York City, United States (Eastern US Time Zone)
*It’s never too late to create! This art class has already begun, and we welcome new students to join at the prorated cost that reflects the number of weeks remaining in the class. Our instructors will catch you up!.
Watercolor classes are the perfect way to ignite your inner-artist and express yourself through painting! If you are a total beginner to watercolor painting, you will enjoy this inspiring journey of watercolor painting classes with NYC’s #1-Rated art studio, The Art Studio NY. Learn a wide variety of watercolor painting techniques that will send your creative spirit soaring! This watercolor painting class is perfect for beginners, or those who have dabbled in watercolors, and are eager to learn more. Explore watercolor painting through a wide variety of subject matter, including landscape painting, still life, and abstraction throughout your supportive, fear-free watercolor painting classes. If watercolor painting is totally new to you, this is the perfect class for you. This is also a great class for those who have enjoyed our online painting class, Intro to Fear-Free Watercolor Painting. In this inspiring, relaxing and fun watercolor painting class, you will:
- Receive one-on-one, tailor-made, expert watercolor painting instruction by a professional artist and teacher from our NYC art studio
- Learn watercolor painting techniques including gradated washes, wet on wet painting, wet on dry watercolor painting, dry brush, variegated washes, splattering, watercolor dripping , glazing, color mixing, and more!
- Feel inspired by and step-by-step watercolor lessons, demonstrations and instruction
- Learn how to combine watercolor painting techniques with your own authentic self-expression and personal artistic voice
- Receive the added bonus of participating in our invitation-only private FB group for students worldwide that provides support, inspiration, meaningful connection and feedback in between weekly classes
- Create a variety of finished paintings to feel proud of
- Receive the scientifically proven health benefits of watercolor painting classes including relaxation, stress relief, increased memory, and increased satisfaction
Materials are not included, you will be provided with an art supply list.
This class is perfect for those who have taken any watercolor class with us, we never repeat a project twice and always teach new art techniques for returning students.
Art Class Materials:
Materials are not included. You will need:
- Watercolor Paper (any size you prefer and preferably 140 lbs, but 90 lbs will be fine),
- Watercolor Paint Set (Watercolor Pan sets are great for beginners),
- Paint Palette,
- Watercolor Brushes (variety of rounds and flats),
- cup/jar for water,
- Painter's Blue Tape,
- Pencil, Eraser,
- Sakura Pigma Micron Black Pen
- Optional: Masking Fluid
- Special Note: We recommend Blick Art Materials, and you may use any brand you like.