NOTE: This is an Online Art Class. Our instructors will work with you over high-quality live video and teach you to make art from the comfort of your home.
NOTE:The Art Studio NY conducts classes from New York City, United States (Eastern Daylight Time)
Connect with our exclusive global art community!
Register for adult multi-week classes and enjoy 24-7 access to our Members Only online portal and receive support, inspiration and guidance from our team of expert art instructors.
Read More about your instructor: Emma Waldman
*This weekly class session has already begun, but it's never too late to create! When available, we keep registration open in our art classes so you may join a class that has already started. WE PRORATE THE COST TO REFLECT THE NUMBER OF WEEKS LEFT IN THE CLASS.
Oil paints are sumptuous, exciting, and one of the most popular painting mediums used by artists throughout the world. In this intimidation-free total beginner's oil painting class, YOU will:
- Learn and master the most important oil painting class techniques
- Relax, de-stress, and get inspired with encouraging art instruction
- Learn to express yourself through oil painting
- Explore important painting techniques, such as: color mixing, color value, composition, glazing, brushwork, paint application, texture, and more
- Paint from still life, landscape, abstraction, and what inspires you most
- Receive nurturing one-on-one expert painting instruction customized to your needs and goals
- Create multiple paintings that you will be proud to hang in your home!
- Receive the lasting health benefits of oil painting, such as relaxation, stress relief, and mental clarity
All levels welcome, but perfect for total beginners!
You will need: Oil Paints, Turpenoid Natural (this is safest for your home, non toxic and non-combustable), Oil Brushes, Palette Paper, Palette Knife (Triangle tip), Canvases (any size). Optional: Table Easel
Online Zoom Art Class Materials:
All online classes are now held online in our virtual art classrooms using zoom classrooms. Art class materials should be ordered ahead of the first class meeting time. Or you may use materials you already have.
Materials are not included. You will need: Oil Paint Set, Oil Paint brushes (variety of sizes), Tuperoid Natural, Linseed Oil, Palette Knife, Paint Palette, 2-4 Stretched Canvases, Silicoil Cleaning Tank, . Special Note: Oil Painting has a long drying period. It is best to have a designated place in your home for your canvas to dry. You may consider a table or standing easel. We recommend Blick Art Materials, but you can use any brand you like.
Purchase our discounted art kit or see our online materials list.