NOTE: This is an Online Art Class. Our instructors will work with you over high-quality live video and teach you to make art from the comfort of your home. The Art Studio NY conducts classes from New York City, United States (Eastern US Time Zone)
*It’s never too late to create! This art class has already begun, and we welcome new students to join at the prorated cost that reflects the number of weeks remaining in the class. Our instructors will catch you up!.
With a paintbrush in hand, enjoy the relaxation, fulfillment and inspiration of this nurturing beginners online painting class at NYC's #1-rated art studio, The Art Studio NY! Tap into your authentic self-expression and discover your inner-artist in this small group online art class that provides individualized, tailor-made art instruction to each and every student from a professional NYC artist educator. Ignite your creativity and learn a variety of painting techniques based on your individual needs and interests. Learn the fundamental techniques of acrylic painting on canvas, including color mixing, texture, paintbrush mark-making, palette knife usage, washes, layering, glazing, composition and more. Unlock your inner-artist, connect with community and benefit from art class stress-relief while painting colorful subject matter, including landscape painting, cubist geometric painting, abstraction and still life painting. Walk away at the end of your NYC online painting classes with finished masterpieces to hang in your home.
In this NYC online art class for beginners to painting, you will:
- Experiment, explore, and learn how to create your own acrylic paintings on canvas that combine artistic technique with your authentic expression
- Learn fundamental artistic techniques that are core to painting
- Deepen your knowledge of color mixing and how to create color palettes that are expressive and beautiful
- Receive step-by-step guidance and nurturing art instruction by a professional New York City artist and expert art instructor
- Enjoy live painting technique demonstrations
- Experiment with a wide variety of paintbrushes and learn which brushes to use, when, and why
- Practice dozens of new painting techniques, including: how to create and build texture, opaque paint application, glazing, composition, both abstract and realistic painting techniques, palette knife paint application, layering of paint, expressive mark making, and more!
- Relax and have fun in our non-judgmental, fear-free, and supportive online art studio
- Daily support, connection and inspiration in our private members only Facebook page in between classes
- Discover your own unique style and voice through acrylic painting
- Engage in a supportive group environment with like-minded people
- Receive the science-backed therapeutic mental and emotional health benefits of art classes including: Stress and anxiety reduction, increased relaxation, mood enhancement, boosted serotonin, and increased self-esteem
Art Class Materials:
Materials are not included.
You will need:
- an Acrylic Paint Set,
- Paint Brushes (variety of sizes),
- Palette Knife,
- Paint Palette,
- 2-4 canvases (canvas boards or stretched),
- Cup/Jar for Water,
- Matte Medium
- Special Note: We recommend Blick Art Materials, and you may use any brand you like.