NOTE: This is an Online Art Class. Our instructors will work with you over high-quality live video and teach you to make art from the comfort of your home. We will return to in-person art classes while continuing online art classes when the uncertainties around Coronavirus are resolved.
NOTE:The Art Studio NY conducts classes from New York City, United States (Eastern Daylight Time)
Read More about your instructor: Emma Waldman
*This weekly class session has already begun, but it's never too late to create! When available, we keep registration open in our art classes so you may join a class that has already started. WE PRORATE THE COST TO REFLECT THE NUMBER OF WEEKS LEFT IN THE CLASS.Note: The Maximum number of students in this class is 9
If you are a student that is passionate about art, creativity, and self-expression, this art class is a perfect fit for you! In this small-sized, personalized art class for students, you will learn how to deepen your knowledge of artistic techniques, strengthen your visual arts skills, develop your own unique style, and create your own art portfolio (either for personal satisfaction or for placement into the variety of specialized visual arts high schools or colleges). This class will guide you every step of the way in creating winning artwork for your own enjoyment and if you'd like, to use in your visual art portfolio.
Through the encouraging, customized, and expert art instruction that The Art Studio NY is known for, students will receive tailor-made, structured guidance and inspiring art instruction according to your own needs, goals, and interests. Developing an art portfolio for personal use, Visual Arts High Schools, or Colleges can feel overwhelming and intimidating, and often students and parents are not sure where to start. In this fun and engaging Drawing and Portfolio Prep Art Class, you will:
• Develop a variety of high-quality, original artworks
• Receive one-on-one, tailor-made art instruction, guidance, and feedback by a Professional Artist and Expert Art Instructor
• Create quality drawings that exhibit a diversity of subject matter and artistic mediums
• Practice the creation of observational drawing and painting, including artwork inspired by still life, as well as figure drawing
• Learn how to create artwork inspired by your own imagination and personal self-expression
• Sharpen your drawing techniques and deepen your knowledge of drawing techniques including line, shading, scale, perspective, dimension, and composition
• Explore new artistic techniques through a variety of art materials, including soft pastels, charcoal drawing, and colored pencil drawings
• Develop and strengthen your unique artistic style
• Explore how to use color, texture, and art materials in an expressive way
• Learn, practice, and master drawing exercises, perfect for personal practice or potential in-class drawing exams for portfolio reviews
• For students preparing for Portfolio reviews in New York City, familiarize yourself with portfolio guidelines of schools including Frank Sinatra, LaGuardia, and High School of Art and Design or the college of your choice
Materials are not included.
You will need
Students should expect to focus on artwork outside of class to build skills.
Online Zoom Art Class Materials:
All online classes are now held online in our virtual art classrooms using zoom classrooms. Art class materials should be ordered ahead of the first class meeting time. Or you may use materials you already have.
Click here to see our online materials list and order them to be shipped directly to you.