Read More about your instructor: Claire Wyman
*This weekly class session has already begun, but it's never too late to create! When available, we keep registration open in our art classes so you may join a class that has already started. WE PRORATE THE COST TO REFLECT THE NUMBER OF WEEKS LEFT IN THE CLASS.
If you are a NYC teen who is passionate about art, creativity, and self-expression, this art class is a perfect fit for you! In this small-sized, personalized art class for teen artists, you will learn how to deepen your knowledge of artistic techniques, strengthen your visual arts skills, develop your own unique style, and create your own art portfolio (either for personal satisfaction or for placement into the variety of specialized visual arts high schools or colleges). Developing an art portfolio for personal accomplishment, Visual Arts High Schools, or visual art colleges can feel overwhelming and intimidating, and often students and parents are not sure where to start. This inspiring, non-judgmental and supportive art class for teens will guide you every step of the way in creating winning artwork for your own enjoyment and art portfolio.
Through the encouraging, customized, and expert art instruction that The Art Studio NY, NYC's #1-rated art studio, is known for, artists will receive tailor-made, structured guidance and inspiring art instruction according to individualized needs, goals, and interests. In this fun and engaging Drawing, Painting, and Portfolio Prep Art Class, you will:
• Develop a variety of high-quality, original artworks in drawing, painting and mixed-media
• Receive one-on-one, tailor-made art instruction, guidance, and feedback by a Professional Artist and Expert Art Instructor in NYC
• Create quality drawings, paintings, and artworks that exhibit a diversity of subject matter, artistic mediums and visual art techniques
• Practice the creation of observational drawing and painting, including artwork inspired by still life, portraiture, figurative art, abstraction and more
• Learn how to create artwork inspired by your own imagination and personal, authentic self-expression
• Practice, learn and deepen your knowledge of drawing techniques including line, shading, scale, perspective, dimension, contrast, value scales, and composition
• Practice, learn and learn new watercolor painting techniques including color mixing, paint application, gradated washes, pooling color, texture, layering, composition, brushwork, and more
• Explore brand new artistic techniques through a variety of art materials, including watercolor painting, oil pastels, charcoal drawing, pencil drawing, mixed-media collage art, and more
• Develop and strengthen your unique artistic style and artistic vision while developing personal concepts
• Learn, practice, and master drawing exercises, perfect for personal practice or potential in-class drawing exams for portfolio reviews
• For students preparing for Portfolio reviews in New York City, familiarize yourself with portfolio guidelines of schools including Frank Sinatra, LaGuardia, and High School of Art and Design or the college of your choice • Receive the data-driven health and wellness benefits art classes are known for, including: Greater academic achievement, increased self-esteem, reduced anxiety and depression, stress relief, boosted mood, greater connection to oneself, enhanced communication skills, creative problem solving, and more
Most art supplies are included. Please bring a hardbound sketchbook (8" x 10" or larger) each week. Optional homework will be provided for home practice.
Art Class Materials:
All Materials are included.
⭐ There are 0 more sessions. We hope you have been enjoying the experience. We offer exclusive, early signup for existing students so you save your spot in the next class series. Please take a moment to click to sign up for your next art class today!
Venue: ZPlaySchool (In-Person)