Enjoy in-person, socially distanced summer FUN, friendship, and creative art program in a safe outdoor environment with New York City’s #1-rated art studio, The Art Studio NY! With small groups of 8 participants maximum, we will express our inner-artists in spacious, beautiful outdoor locations in Central Park, Riverside Park, and other outdoor spots where we will maintain a distance of at least 6 feet from one another.
Feel inspired by our colorful parks, gardens, landscapes, and city architecture as you learn artistic techniques, explore new art materials, receive expert art instruction based on your needs and interests, and create unique artwork to feel proud of. Come with a friend or make new friends… All are welcome in our warm, joyful, SAFE and upbeat New York City outdoor summer art camp!
Whether you are a beginner, a more advanced artist, or preparing your art portfolio for high school or college, this inspiring NYC Outdoor Art Camp will spark your creative juices and pump up your creative excitement. All levels are welcome, including beginners.
Small group art instruction is provided so each participant both stays safe and receives ongoing personalized attention and guidance tailored to your skill level, needs and interests. In our socially distanced outdoor art camp, kids and teens will:
- Explore and learn new drawing, painting, and mixed-media art techniques while tapping into your unique self-expression
- Have fun socializing and connecting with friends, old and new, while releasing your creativity
- Enjoy tailor-made, encouraging and non-judgemental one-on-one expert art instruction from our New York City art educators as you create artwork with watercolor paints, charcoal, pastels, pencil drawing, mixed-media and more
- Tap into your inner-artist as you learn techniques in landscape painting and drawing, abstract art, detailed sketching, shading, perspective, color blending, manga drawing, comics and cartooning, and more!
- Learn how to draw and paint “En Plein Air” like the masters Monet and Renoir
- Tap into your personal, unique artistic style
- Explore, practice and advance your drawing class techniques, such as: composition, shading, depth, line quality, dimension, realism, personal subject matter, mark making, and your own stylistic expression
- Experiment with and learn about art techniques related to landscape drawing and painting, including lighting, color blending, contrast, drawing and painting from observation, abstraction, color fields, layering and more
- Receive the lasting benefits of art classes proven by science, including enhanced relaxation, greater focus, increased self-esteem, boosted social skills and heightened academic success
- Learn about famous artists, enjoy art history fun-facts and feel inspired
- Create unique art projects to feel proud of while engaging (from 6’ apart) socially with old and new friends
- The fun doesn’t stop on rainy days or during inclement weather, we will meet live and online!
- Camp age groups include kids 7-11 and teens 12+
- Come with a friend or make brand new friends!
Outdoor Program Precautions to Stay Safe
We are committed to the safety and health of our students and staff. To ensure a safe summer camp experience, our outdoor art camps will:
- Take place in less crowded spaces in parks and outdoor spaces with fresh air
- Not share art supplies per suggested by the CDC. We will provide an art supply list and online purchasing options.
- Your child or teen will bring their art supplies daily.
- To prevent the spread of COVID-19, it is not permitted to share art supplies between kids (other than siblings)
- Kids will provide their own picnic blankets for sitting on the grass, benches, or other park surfaces and will socially distance
- Kids are requested to bring sanitizer for frequent hand cleaning and follow all hygiene rules
- The use of face masks and other protective gear is required for staff and all participants
- Please CLICK HERE for more detailed health and safety rules that The Art Studio NY summer programs will strictly follow:
Health Benefits of Our Outdoor Art Program in NYC
- Data has shown outdoor camps to be the safest camp option this summer
- Kids and Teens can enjoy fun and friendship while feeling safer outdoors
- It’s summer! What could be better than being in fresh air, sunshine, socializing and expressing ourselves freely through art and FUN?
- Opportunity to explore new places and secret outdoor spots of natural beauty in New York City
- Making learning fun. Feel inspired and learn to create en plein aire outdoors, like many famous artists have
- Peace of mind, calmness and anxiety reduction from being in nature
Sample Schedule (for 12+ Teens)
1 - 1:15 pm: Ice Breakers and Creative Warm-Up Games
1:15 - 2:30 pm: Watercolor Landscape Painting
2:30 - 2:45 pm: Painting Techniques: Instructor Demo and Q and A
2:45 - 3 pm: Famous Artist Fun-Fact Group Drawing Challenge
3 - 3:45 pm: Drawing Trees in 3D
3:45 - 4 pm: Daily Art Exhibit and Group Art Share
In-Person (Outdoor and In-Studio) Art Camp Materials:
Due to the CDC COVID camp precautions, we will NOT supply art materials this summer. Rather, each family is responsible for purchasing and bringing their own art supplies daily. Please purchase the following supplies prior to your first day of camp. To make it easy, CLICK BELOW to purchase inexpensive art supplies that will be delivered to your door! Sharing supplies between kids is not permitted. Make sure to order with plenty of time for shipping (at least 7 business days prior to camp).
Click here to see our online materials list and order them to be shipped directly to you.
LOCATIONS: Meeting location will be shared upon registration completion.
All locations will be in outdoor locations easily accessible to both the Upper West and Upper East Sides.