NOTE: This is an Online Art Class. Our instructors will work with you over high-quality live video and teach you to make art from the comfort of your home.
NOTE:The Art Studio NY conducts classes from New York City, United States (Eastern Daylight Time)
Read More about your instructor: Emilee Reed
*This weekly class session has already begun, but it's never too late to create! When available, we keep registration open in our art classes so you may join a class that has already started. WE PRORATE THE COST TO REFLECT THE NUMBER OF WEEKS LEFT IN THE CLASS.
Calling all animal lovers who want to have a creative and FUN online art class adventure! In this exciting interdisciplinary art class, kids will learn how to create unique artwork that is inspired by animals and wildlife while also learning fun facts about the life of each animal, AND explore famous artists and their masterpieces who use animals as their muse! From pandas, cats and koala bears to foxes, unicorns and dolphins, learn important colorful drawing and watercolor painting techniques while being guided, step by step, in how to draw and paint animals from land, sea and sky, as well as creating imaginative creatures, too! With an encouraging, engaging artist educator from our New York City art studio as your teacher, students will develop their own artistic drawing and painting style, learn fascinating facts about animal habitats and behavior, feel inspired by art history, receive individualized instruction, and learn all there is to know about creating animal-inspired artwork to feel proud of in every single class! In this online kids art class, participants will:
- Learn artistic techniques through drawing and watercolor painting, including how to: draw and paint animal faces, facial features, bodies, proportions, textures for fur, scales and wings, shading and shadowing, making things 3-dimensional, colored pencil color mixing, color layering, paint transparency, and more!
- Receive step-by-step instruction on how to draw and paint a wide range of animals, such as pandas, penguins, cats, koala bears, parrots, foxes, unicorns, dolphins, snow leopards, and more!
- Create and learn how to draw and paint a new, imaginative creature of your very own
- Delve into why an animal behaves the way it does and what makes each animal unique
- Learn about famous artists and their artworks that are inspired by animals, and engage in interactive discussion that will inspire new artwork styles of your own
- Enjoy individualized artistic drawing and painting guidance by a topnotch art educator and professional artist from our NYC art studio team
- Bond, connect and socialize with friends and peers, old and new
- Feel empowered to express themselves through creativity
- Build a portfolio of drawings and painting to feel proud of
- Receive the health, wellness and academic benefits that art classes offer, including greater academic achievement, stress and anxiety relief, increased focus, greater problem solving skills, and more!
Materials you will need for this class are:
Pencil or Pencil Set of varying values
Eraser (Kneaded or Vinyl)
Drawing Paper (no smaller than 8” x 10”)
Watercolor Paper (no smaller than 11” x 14”
Watercolor Paint set (with at least 6 colors or more)
Three watercolor paint brushes (small, medium, large)
Black thin sharpie markers (2)
Online Zoom Art Class Materials:
All online classes are now held online in our virtual art classrooms using zoom classrooms. Art class materials should be ordered ahead of the first class meeting time. Or you may use materials you already have.
Materials are not included. You will need: Pencil, Eraser, Oil Pastels, Drawing Paper or Watercolor Paper, Watercolor Paints, Watercolor Brushes, Black Sharpie/Marker, Occasional use : Scissors, Glue (Gluestick or liquid)
Purchase our discounted art kit or see our online materials list.