NOTE: This is an Online Art Class. Our instructors will work with you over high-quality live video and teach you to make art from the comfort of your home. We will return to in-person art classes while continuing online art classes when the uncertainties around Coronavirus are resolved.
NOTE:The Art Studio NY conducts classes from New York City, United States (Eastern Daylight Time)
Read More about your instructor: Jordin Alanis
*This weekly class session has already begun, but it's never too late to create! When available, we keep registration open in our art classes so you may join a class that has already started. WE PRORATE THE COST TO REFLECT THE NUMBER OF WEEKS LEFT IN THE CLASS.
Calling all animal lovers who want to have a creative and FUN online art class adventure! In this exciting interdisciplinary art class, kids will learn how to create unique artwork that is inspired by animals and wildlife while also learning fun facts about the life of each animal, AND explore famous artists and their masterpieces who use animals as their muse!
From sloths, kittens and owls to tigers, narwhales and elephants, learn important colorful drawing techniques while being guided, step by step, in how to draw animals from land, sea and sky, as well as creating imaginative creatures, too! With an encouraging, entertaining artist educator from our New York City art studio as your teacher, students will develop their own artistic drawing style, learn fascinating facts about animal habitats and behavior, feel inspired by art history, receive individualized instruction, and learn all there is to know about creating animal-inspired drawings to feel proud of in every single class! In this online kids drawing class, participants will:
- Learn artistic techniques through drawing, including how to: draw animal faces, bodies, proportions, textures for fur, scales and wings, shading and shadowing, making things 3-dimensional, colored pencil color mixing, color layering, and more!
- Receive step by step instruction on how to draw a wide range of animals, such as hedgehogs, owls, tigers, fish, narwhales, elephants, kittens, sloths, turtles, and more!
- Create and learn how to draw a new, imaginative creature of your very own
- Delve into why an animal behaves the way it does and what makes each animal unique
- Learn about famous artists and their artworks that are inspired by animals, and engage in interactive discussion
- Enjoy individualized artistic drawing guidance by a topnotch art educator and professional artist from our NYC art studio team
- Bond, connect and socialize with friends and peers, old and new
- Feel empowered to express themselves through creativity
- Build a portfolio of drawings to feel proud of
- Receive the health, wellness and academic benefits that art classes offer, including greater academic achievement, stress and anxiety relief, increased focus, greater problem solving skills, and more!
Materials: Drawing Paper, Pencil, Eraser, Colored Pencils
This class is a continuation of our How to Draw Animals Series. It is not necessary to have participated in Part 1 as this session will focus on different animals and kids can join anytime.
Online Zoom Art Class Materials:
All online classes are now held online in our virtual art classrooms using zoom classrooms. Art class materials should be ordered ahead of the first class meeting time. Or you may use materials you already have.
Click here to see our online materials list and order them to be shipped directly to you.