NOTE: This is an Online Art Class. Our instructors will work with you over high-quality live video and teach you to make art from the comfort of your home.
NOTE:The Art Studio NY conducts classes from New York City, United States (Eastern Daylight Time)
Connect with our exclusive global art community!
Register for adult multi-week classes and enjoy 24-7 access to our Members Only online portal and receive support, inspiration and guidance from our team of expert art instructors.
*This weekly class session has already begun, but it's never too late to create! When available, we keep registration open in our art classes so you may join a class that has already started. WE PRORATE THE COST TO REFLECT THE NUMBER OF WEEKS LEFT IN THE CLASS.
Unlock your creative expression in this fear-free, relaxing and self-expressive live and online art journaling class for all levels, total beginners included! Art journaling provides a stress-relieving, inspiring and safe space to experiment, explore and express your inner-world through a variety of materials, colors, layers, and subject matter. Learn how to tap into meditative states through authentic art-making, and practice creative mindfulness while allowing stress to melt away while creating meaningful artwork. Learn a wide variety of artistic techniques and creative approaches in painting, drawing, collage and mixed-media as you create artwork that expresses your unique voice and perspectives. Learn how to layer and intuitively collage, express yourself with paint and meditative marks, use watercolor to channel your mood, tap into drawing with expressive marks, and explore the addition of writing, inspiring quotes, pictures, textures and other details to personalize your art journal pages. This Fear-Free Beginners Art Journaling Class provides a safe, encouraging and inspiring space to explore and express your feelings through color, texture, words and art.
In this nurturing live, online Beginners Art Journaling Class, YOU will:
- Express your authentic self-expression while learning endless artistic techniques in painting, drawing, collage, mixed-media, and a wide variety of art supplies
- Enjoy weekly demonstrations and artistic exercises that will teach you artistic fundamentals and techniques
- Receive customized, one-on-one expert art instruction based on your personal needs and interests
- Feel welcomed as you are while you learn with our encouraging, intimidation-free, non-judgmental art studio community
- Explore and improve on foundational art techniques, including: color, tone/value, texture usage, traditional and non-traditional materials usage, composition, glazing, brushwork, personal imagery, paint application, the art of combining art mediums, and more
- Feel inspired by subject matter, such as: abstraction, realism, landscape, the human figure, motivating prompts, and personally chosen subject matter
- -Create finished pieces of artwork and experience a sense of accomplishment
- Receive the data-driven health benefits of art classes, including stress relief, boosted self-esteem, anxiety and depression reduction, increased focus, better moods and enhances problem-solving skills
Materials you will need:
- Watercolor or Mixed Media Pad of paper (Preferably in a spiral bind and at least 90 lb paper weight)
- Watercolor paints (any brand and colors)
- Pencil Eraser Glue (Modge Podge or Matte Medium)
- Paint Brushes Black Marker (Sharpie Ultra point, Posca fine point, or Pigma Micron Pen)
- Collage Elements (magazines, old letters, tissue paper, etc)
- Optional: acrylic Craft Paints (white and few of your favorite colors)
- Optional: White Marker (Posca fine point or sharpie)
Art Class Materials:
Materials are not included.
Purchase our discounted art kit or see our online materials list.