NOTE: This is an Online Art Class. Our instructors will work with you over high-quality live video and teach you to make art from the comfort of your home.
NOTE:The Art Studio NY conducts classes from New York City, United States (Eastern Daylight Time)
Connect with our exclusive global art community!
Register for adult multi-week classes and enjoy 24-7 access to our Members Only online portal and receive support, inspiration and guidance from our team of expert art instructors.
Read More about your instructor: Emilee Reed
*This weekly class session has already begun, but it's never too late to create! When available, we keep registration open in our art classes so you may join a class that has already started. WE PRORATE THE COST TO REFLECT THE NUMBER OF WEEKS LEFT IN THE CLASS.
Enjoy creative fulfillment in this relaxing and self-expressive art journaling class! Learn how to make a meditative art journal that captures your unique voice. You’ll learn how to layer and intuitively collage, express yourself with paint and meditative marks, use watercolor to channel your mood, then add quotes, pictures and other details to personalize your journal pages. This Beginner’s Art Journaling Class provides the perfect place to explore your feelings through words and art.
Join in creativity, connection and community in this LIVE, engaging ONLINE art class.
Open to all levels, for beginners and seasoned artists alike, in this art class YOU will:
- Express yourself through endless artistic techniques in painting, mixed-media, and a wide variety of art supplies
- Have social engagement with a community of like-minded people. At this time of COVID-19, we need community more than ever
- Learn new weekly techniques with hands-on demonstrations
- Receive customized, one-on-one expert art instruction based on your personal needs and interests
- Learn in our encouraging, intimidation-free, non-judgmental online art class
- Explore and improve on foundational techniques, including: color, tone/value, texture usage, traditional and non-traditional materials usage, composition, glazing, brushwork, personal imagery, paint application, the art of combining art mediums, and more!
- Feel inspired by subject matter, such as: abstraction, realism, landscape, the human figure, art history, and personally chosen subject matter
- Create a finished piece of artwork, and experience a sense of accomplishment
- Receive the scientifically proven health benefits of engaging in art, including stress relief, anxiety and depression reduction, increased focus, boosts self-esteem and enhances problem-solving skills
Materials you will need:
- Watercolor or Mixed Media Pad of paper (Preferably in a spiral bind and at least 90 lb paper weight)
- Watercolor paints (any brand and colors)
- Glue (Modge Podge or Matte Medium)
- Craft Brushes
- Black Marker (Sharpie Ultra point, Posca fine point, or Pigma Micron Pen)
- Collage elements (Beauty Magazine, National Geographic, tissue paper etc)
- Optional: acrylic craft paints (white and few of your favorite colors)
- Optional: white marker (Posca fine point)
Online Zoom Art Class Materials:
All online classes are now held online in our virtual art classrooms using zoom classrooms. Art class materials should be ordered ahead of the first class meeting time. Or you may use materials you already have.
Materials are not included. You will need: Watercolor or Mixed Media Pad of paper (Preferably in a spiral bind and at least 90 lb paper weight), Watercolor paints (any brand and colors), Pencil, Eraser, Glue (Modge Podge or Matte Medium), Craft Brushes, Black Marker (Sharpie Ultra point, Posca fine point, or Pigma Micron Pen), Scissors, Collage elements (Beauty Magazine, National Geographic, tissue paper etc), Optional: acrylic craft paints (white and few of your favorite colors), Optional: white marker (Posca fine point).
Purchase our discounted art kit or see our online materials list.
⭐ There are 0 more sessions. We hope you have been enjoying the experience. We offer exclusive, early signup for existing students so you save your spot in the next class series. Please take a moment to click to sign up for your next art class today!