NOTE: This is an Online Art Class. Our instructors will work with you over high-quality live video and teach you to make art from the comfort of your home. The Art Studio NY conducts classes from New York City, United States (Eastern US Time Zone)
*It’s never too late to create! This art class has already begun, and we welcome new students to join at the prorated cost that reflects the number of weeks remaining in the class. Our instructors will catch you up!.
Calling all creative comic book, manga, and cartoon drawing lovers who are eager to express themselves creatively AND have FUN in the process! In this engaging and inspiring comics, cartoons, and manga drawing art class, learn to express yourself creatively while tapping into your inner artist! Learn the fundamental techniques of drawing comics, cartoons and manga while unlocking your unique artistic voice and personal, authentic self-expression. Explore and discover the tips, tools and techniques necessary for drawing comics, manga and cartoons, and receive both group and individualized expert instruction from a professional artist and educator from our NYC art studio! Our students tell us that our art classes are the BEST part of their week! In this interactive, FUN art class, you will:
- Be nurtured and inspired with expert one-on-one joyful, fear-free and non-judgmental art instruction that we're famous for
- Learn specific comic, cartoon, and manga drawing techniques combined with the encouragement for personal self-expression
- Develop a unique, personalized drawing style while learning fundamental subject matter and techniques, including how to draw: Faces, facial features, figures in motion, expressive character design, and characters in unique settings
- Receive personalized instruction while learning about fundamental drawing techniques including: Story boards, imaginational characters, text bubbles, line quality, mark making, and the creation of your very own comic strips
- Practice a wide variety of artistic exercises and art vocabulary unique to cartoons, comics, and manga art
- Explore creativity and imagination through personally expressed unique works of art to feel proud of
- Gain confidence in the artistic process and boost creative self-esteem
- Enjoy the data-driven health and wellness benefits of art classes, including increased self-esteem, strengthened focus, stress reduction, anxiety and depression relief, and greater communication skills
Art Class Materials:
Materials are not included.
Materials you will need for this class are:
- Pencil or Pencil Set of varying values
- Eraser (Kneaded or Vinyl)
- Drawing Paper (no smaller than 8 x 10)
- Colored Pencils
- Black thin sharpie or Sakura Pigma Micron Black Pen
- Special Note: We recommend Blick Art Materials, and you may use any brand you like.
⭐ There are 3 more sessions. We hope you have been enjoying the experience. We offer exclusive, early signup for existing students so you save your spot in the next class series. Please take a moment to click to sign up for your next art class today!