Connect with our exclusive global art community!
Register for adult multi-week classes and enjoy 24-7 access to our Members Only online portal and receive support, inspiration and guidance from our team of expert art instructors.
Read More about your instructor: Jordin Alanis
*This weekly class session has already begun, but it's never too late to create! When available, we keep registration open in our art classes so you may join a class that has already started. WE PRORATE THE COST TO REFLECT THE NUMBER OF WEEKS LEFT IN THE CLASS.
- Receive tailor-made, encouraging one-on-one expert art instruction in drawing
- Feel inspired to create drawings with the MET museum’s life-size sculptures, portrait busts, master drawings and paintings, and interior spaces such as Egyptian Temples and views of Central Park as your muse
- Learn how to express yourself authentically through drawing while discovering your personal drawing style
- Explore, learn and practice drawing class techniques, such as: composition, shading, depth, line, dimension, pencil mark making, and a variety of subject matter including landscapes, figure drawing, still life and more
- Enjoy a weekly escape in NYC's world famous museum as you create art that expresses your point of view
- Deepen your appreciation of the world's greatest artworks and feel free to spend the afternoon at the MET after class
- Receive the ADDED BONUS of participation in our exclusive, global online "Students Only" community and receive ongoing inspiration, artistic feedback and meaningful community connection in between your weekly art class
- Receive the scientifically proven health benefits of drawing classes, including improved mental health, greater relaxation, stress-relief, mental clarity and a reduction of anxiety and depression
PLEASE NOTE: Museum admission is included in the cost of this art class. The Art Studio NY will purchase and provide weekly entry tickets into the MET for all students of this drawing class, please be on time to receive your weekly ticket. Due to museum policy, our art studio cannot provide discounts for students who hold MET memberships, as memberships are not valid for group class visits. Due to the limited capacity of this class, refunds or credits due to absence or tardiness are not offered. Failure to comply with The MET Museum's COVID -19 Health and Safety Protocols will also not receive a refund or credits.
Art materials are not included. Please purchase and bring the following weekly:
• Drawing paper of any size that you are comfortable carrying (Please do not purchase newsprint)
• Drawing pencils: 4H, 2H, HB, 2B, and 4B
• Kneaded gum eraser (looks like a gray gum-like square)
This in-person drawing class and its participants follow all Health and Safety Guidelines regulated by The MET.
This art class does not guarantee seating due to gallery availability. Our art instructors will do their best to incorporate galleries with seating, and seats may be limited based on museum rules, practices and gallery availability. Please check with the MET's updated policies regarding if they are offering coatcheck, and please plan accordingly.
Interested in private art lessons? We offer private and small group customized drawing classes at the MET Museum. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
Meeting Location and Time:
Meeting location and other details will be shared via email after registration.
Art Class Materials:
Materials are not included. Please bring the following art supplies with you (which can be purchased at any art store): • drawing paper of any size you are comfortable carrying (please do not purchase newsprint) • Drawing Pencils 4H, 2H, HB, 2B, and 4B • Kneaded gum eraser (looks like a gray gum-like square)
Purchase our discounted art kit or see our online materials list.
⭐ There are 0 more sessions. We hope you have been enjoying the experience. We offer exclusive, early signup for existing students so you save your spot in the next class series. Please take a moment to click to sign up for your next art class today!
Met Museum description