*It’s never too late to create! This art class has already begun, and we welcome new students to join at the prorated cost that reflects the number of weeks remaining in the class. Our instructors will catch you up!.
Escape the everyday and express your inner-artist in this inspiring in-person New York City drawing class at The Metropolitan Museum of Art. This beginners drawing class is perfect for all levels, total beginners included! Everyone can draw, including YOU! With a professional NYC artist and inspiring educator as your guide and teacher, you will learn the most valuable drawing techniques that are fundamental to drawing, including composition, shading, mark making, line quality, and your own personal style. Feel inspired by the beauty and inspiration of world-famous paintings, sculpture and architecture in New York City's Metropolitan Museum of Art art as YOU:
- Receive tailor-made, encouraging one-on-one expert art instruction in drawing
- Feel inspired to create drawings with the MET museum’s life-size sculptures, portrait busts, master drawings and paintings, and interior spaces such as Egyptian Temples and views of Central Park as your muse
- Learn how to express yourself authentically through drawing while discovering your personal drawing style
- Explore, learn and practice drawing class techniques, such as: composition, shading, depth, line, dimension, pencil mark making, and a variety of subject matter including landscapes, figure drawing, still life and more
- Enjoy a weekly escape in NYC's world famous museum as you create art that expresses your point of view
- Deepen your appreciation of the world's greatest artworks and feel free to spend the afternoon at the MET after class
- Receive the ADDED BONUS of participation in our exclusive, global online "Students Only" community and receive ongoing inspiration, artistic feedback and meaningful community connection in between your weekly art class
- Receive the scientifically proven health benefits of drawing classes, including improved mental health, greater relaxation, stress-relief, mental clarity and a reduction of anxiety and depression
PLEASE NOTE: Museum admission is included in the cost of this art class. The Art Studio NY will purchase and provide weekly entry tickets into the MET for all students of this drawing class, please be on time to receive your weekly ticket. Due to museum policy, our art studio cannot provide discounts for students who hold MET memberships, as memberships are not valid for group class visits. Due to the limited capacity of this class, refunds or credits due to absence or tardiness are not offered. Failure to comply with The MET Museum's COVID -19 Health and Safety Protocols will also not receive a refund or credits.
This art class does not guarantee seating. Our art instructors aim to choose galleries with seating, seats may be limited based on museum rules, practices and availability. Please see The MET's updated policies regarding coatcheck availability and plan accordingly.
Meeting Location and Time:
Meeting location and other details will be shared via email after registration.
Art Class Materials:
Materials are not included.
Please bring the following art supplies with you (which can be purchased at any art store): • drawing paper of any size you are comfortable carrying (please do not purchase newsprint) • Drawing Pencils 4H, 2H, HB, 2B, and 4B • Kneaded gum eraser (looks like a gray gum-like square)
⭐ There are 0 more sessions. We hope you have been enjoying the experience. We offer exclusive, early signup for existing students so you save your spot in the next class series. Please take a moment to click to sign up for your next art class today!