NOTE: This is an Online Art Class. Our instructors will work with you over high-quality live video and teach you to make art from the comfort of your home. We will return to in-person art classes while continuing online art classes when the uncertainties around Coronavirus are resolved.
NOTE:The Art Studio NY conducts classes from New York City, United States (Eastern Daylight Time)
Register for adult online multi-week classes and get for FREE:
Bring a friend for FREE. You are invited to bring a new friend, who has never been to our studio before, for FREE to your weekly art class. Now is the time to help and support each other.
Read More about your instructor: Isaac Ruff
*This weekly class session has already begun, but it's never too late to create! When available, we keep registration open in our art classes so you may join a class that has already started. WE PRORATE THE COST TO REFLECT THE NUMBER OF WEEKS LEFT IN THE CLASS.
Join in creativity, connection and community in this LIVE, engaging ONLINE art class. Relax and enjoy learning, experimenting, and mastering watercolor painting techniques while tapping into your authentic self-expression. Deepen your joy and discover your artistic voice through this personally guided painting workshop that will ignite your creativity and make you feel alive. In this watercolor flower workshop for artists of all levels (beginners through advanced levels welcome!), you will receive step-by-step, encouraging art instruction by a professional New York City artist, and both group and individualized one-on-one instruction will be provided.
Deepen your understanding of painting floral and botanical subjects in this workshop that will leave you feeling relaxed, inspired, and able to express yourself through painting on canvas. Walk away at the end of your painting workshop the very same day with a finished masterpiece to hang in your home. You don't want to miss this inspiring and motivating painting workshop, limited spots available!
In this art workshop, you will:
- Learn watercolor painting techniques including gradated washes, wet on wet painting, wet on dry watercolor painting, dry brush, variegated washes, splattering, watercolor dripping, glazing, color mixing, and more!
- Receive One-on-one, tailor-made, expert watercolor painting instruction by a professional artist and teacher
- Paint a variety of floral and botanical subject matter, including flower landscapes, floral still life, and abstraction throughout your watercolor classes
- Create a finished piece of artwork, and experiencing a sense of accomplishment
- Receive the scientifically proven health benefits of engaging in art, including stress relief, anxiety and depression reduction, increased focus, boosts self-esteem and enhances problem-solving skills
- Learn how to combine watercolor painting techniques with your own authentic self-expression in watercolor painting classes
- Deepen your knowledge of color mixing and how to create color palettes that are expressive and beautiful
- Enjoy live painting technique demonstrations
- Experiment with a wide variety of paintbrushes and learn which brushes to use, when, and why
- Relax and have fun in our non-judgmental, fear-free and supportive online art class
- Discover your own unique style and voice through painting
- Engage in a supportive group environment with like-minded people. At this time of COVID-19, we need community more than ever
- Receive the therapeutic health and wellness benefits of art and painting workshops, including stress relief, increased relaxation, mood enhancement, increased serotonin, self-empowerment, and increased self-esteem
Online Zoom Art Class Materials:
All online classes are now held online in our virtual art classrooms using zoom classrooms. Art class materials should be ordered ahead of the first class meeting time. Or you may use materials you already have.
Click here to see our online materials list and order them to be shipped directly to you.