Connect with our exclusive global art community!
Register for adult multi-week classes and enjoy 24-7 access to our Members Only online portal and receive support, inspiration and guidance from our team of expert art instructors.
Read More about your instructor: Alexis Vondran
Enjoy in-person, socially distanced outdoor adult watercolor painting classes with New York City’s #1-rated art studio, The Art Studio NY! With small group art classes outdoors, we will express our inner artists in spacious, beautiful outdoor location in Central Park on The Upper West Side where we will feel uplifted by the beauty of nature as our muse.
Feel inspired by New York City’s culture, colorful parks, gardens, landscapes, and city architecture as you learn artistic techniques, explore watercolor art, receive individualized expert art instruction based on your needs and interests, and create unique artwork to feel proud of. Learn about composition, color mixing, wet on wet, wet on dry, layering, brush usage, personal style, and more. Connect with our warm and non-judgemental community, enjoy the inherent relaxation and stress-relief of painting with watercolors, and discover the best part of your week.
This art class is perfect for all levels, total beginners welcome! Small group art instruction is provided so each participant both stays safe and receives one-on-one art instruction to support your creative development and authentic self-expression. In our socially distanced outdoor art class in NYC, adults will:
- Explore a variety of watercolor painting techniques while tapping into your unique self-expression
- Enjoy tailor-made, encouraging and non-judgemental one-on-one expert art instruction from a New York City art educator and artist
- Learn how to paint “En Plein Air” like the masters Monet and Renoir with the inspiration of New York City
- Enjoy guided demonstrations as you practice watercolor painting class techniques in each art class
- Create watercolor paintings and experiment in a variety of painting styles and subject matter including flowers, landscapes, citiscapes, architecture, realism, impressionism, and abstraction
- Discover your own personal and unique artistic style
- Receive the proven mental and emotional health benefits of art classes, including the reduction of stress, anxiety and depression, and the enhanced benefits of boosted self-esteem, relaxation, mental clarity, focus, and inner-peace
Due to the possibility of inclement weather, any classes that cannot take place outdoors will automatically be rescheduled.
Materials are not included. You may order your art supplies on our website HERE, or bring the following supplies with you for each class. You will need:
- a pencil and eraser
- watercolor paper (a pad you feel comfortable carrying)
- watercolor pan of paints (any brand)
- watercolor paint brushes
- a container for water and a supply of water for painting
- a few paper towels or napkins
- roll of masking tape
Outdoor Class Precautions to Stay Safe
We are committed to the safety and health of our students and staff. To ensure a safe learning experience, our outdoor art classes will:
- Take place during less crowded times and days or spaces in parks
- All of our staff members are fully vaccinated
- To prevent the spread of COVID-19, art supplies will not be shared between students or staff
- Students are requested to bring sanitizer for frequent hand cleaning
- The use of face masks and other protective gear is required for unvaccinated participants
Meeting Location and Time:
Directions are emailed to you after purchase
Art Class Materials:
In-person classes art supplies note. Art class materials should be ordered ahead of the first class meeting time. Or you may use materials you already have.
Materials are not included. You are required to bring the following art supplies with you (which can be purchased at any art store):
Watercolor Pad (what you are comfortable carrying)
Watercolor Pan Set (Great for Beginners)
Water color brushes
Container and water
Optional: Black Pigma Mircon Pen
Optional: Blue Painter's Tape
Purchase our discounted art kit or see our online materials list.
Outdoor art classes in Central Park. The Class will meetup before class time on the west side of Central Park in the 100s.