NOTE: This is an Online Art Class. Our instructors will work with you over high-quality live video and teach you to make art from the comfort of your home. The Art Studio NY conducts classes from New York City, United States (Eastern US Time Zone)
*It’s never too late to create! This art class has already begun, and we welcome new students to join at the prorated cost that reflects the number of weeks remaining in the class. Our instructors will catch you up!.
Express yourself, develop your artistic style, and deepen your artistic journey in this inspiring online hybrid drawing & painting class. In this online class, each artist will receive personalized instruction, one-on-one feedback and tailor-made guidance based on subject matter that are individually selected according to your needs, interests and materials you enjoy the most. Bring your artistic technique, authentic self-expression and exploration of drawing or painting materials further as you challenge yourself within a supportive and encouraging group online class setting.
As you strengthen your unique voice, continue to explore and practice core fundamentals and techniques that further support your process. This class is perfect for students who have taken previous classes with our art studio or those with previous drawing or painting class experience. Choose the subject matter that inspires you and discover your authentic artistic voice in this popular fear-free NYC drawing and painting class.
Our students rave, “This is the best part of my week!”
In this online art class, YOU will:
- Explore drawing, acrylic or oil painting through personally chosen subject matter that excites you most
- Receive customized, one-on-one expert art instruction and feedback according to your unique style
- Practice and master important art techniques, such as: paint application, brushstrokes, pencil use, shading, expressive line quality, mark-making, texture, composition, design, depth, emotional/personal content, symbolism, negative space, dimension, and more!
- Explore your own chosen subject matter while feeling inspired by a community of fellow budding artists, and learn more about realism, abstraction, impressionism, landscapes, portraits, still life, imaginative art, art history, personal expression and more
- Enjoy demonstrations that expose you to additional drawing and painting styles, artists, tools and techniques to further develop your skills and artwork
- Create multiple artworks that you will be proud to hang in your home
- Have fun and unwind with fellow artists-in-the-making in our non-judgmental, non-intimidating online art studio haven
- Receive the lasting health benefits of your class, such as increased relaxation, stress relief, mental clarity and self-esteem.
Materials you will need are based on your preference of medium in either Drawing, Oils or Acrylics.
This class is best for students who do not require step-by-step instruction.
Art Class Materials:
Materials are not included.
You will need your personal choice of:
- Acrylic or oil paints,
- Acrylic or oil paint mediums,
- Canvas sizes of your choice,
- Jar for paint thinner or water,
- Rags or paper towels,
- Resource images that inspire you,
- Drawing Paper (any size )
- Pencil Set (Variety of 4-12 pencils in HB ranges),
- Vinyl Eraser,
- Kneaded Eraser,
- Vine Charcoal,
- Blending Stump
- Any additional art supplies that you enjoy working with
Note: We recommend Blick Art Materials, but you can use any brand you like.