No Class On: Apr 1
*It’s never too late to create! This art class has already begun, and we welcome new students to join at the prorated cost that reflects the number of weeks remaining in the class. Our instructors will catch you up!.
Oil paints are sumptuous, exciting, and one of the most popular painting mediums used by artists throughout the world. In this intimidation-free, total beginners oil painting class that is perfect for all levels, receive inspiring instruction from a professional New York City artist educator that our art studio is known for. Learn the most important oil painting techniques to practice while experimenting with painting subject matter including still life, landscapes, floral impressionism and more. Discover how exciting and stress-relieving painting is while feeling connecting to a warm community of lifelong learners.
This class is perfect for both total beginners or those that have completed an introductory oil painting class and want to deepen their artistic journey.
Express your authentic inner-artist while creating many paintings to feel proud of.
In this NYC oil painting class, you will:
Learn and master the most important oil painting class techniques, including color mixing, values, composition, glazing, brushwork, paint application, texture, and more
Relax, de-stress, and get inspired with encouraging and inspiring art instruction from a professional NYC artist educator
Learn to express yourself through oil painting in a personalized style
Discover your favorite subject matter while you learn to paint from still life, landscape, impressionistic styles and more!
Receive nurturing one-on-one expert painting instruction customized to your needs and goals
Create multiple paintings that you will be proud to hang in your home!
Benefit from the proven health benefits of oil painting classes, such as stress relief, boosted mood, mental clarity and a sense of accomplishment.
Enjoy the added bonus of daily connection and community in our private VIP student community Facebook group.
Art Class Materials:
Materials are not included.
You will need:
- Oil Paint Set with the following colors: Cadmium Red, Alizarin Crimson, Yellow, Ultramarine Blue, White, Burnt Sienna, Burnt Umber, Black
- Paint brushes (at least three brushes of varying widths, including a small, medium and large)
- Turpenoid Natural Oil 8 FL OZ (please purchase non-toxic, odorless and non-combustible)
- Linseed Oil 8 FL OZ or smaller
- Palette Knife (Triangle tip)
- Paint Palette or Disposable Palette Paper
- 4 Stretched Canvases (stretched, sizes 9” x 12” to 16” x 20”)
- Jar with tight fitting lid
- Reusable cloth or paper towels
- Optional: Art Smock (to protect clothes as you paint)
- We recommend Blick Art Materials, but you can use any brand you like.