NOTE: This is an Online Art Class. Our instructors will work with you over high-quality live video and teach you to make art from the comfort of your home. We will move back to in-person art classes in our art studio when the uncertainties around Coronavirus are resolved.
NOTE:The Art Studio NY conducts classes from New York City, United States (Eastern Daylight Time)
Read More about your instructor: Isaac RuffLearn to draw in just two hours! Can't draw a straight line? Used to love to draw (20 years ago!) and feel a bit rusty? Then this class is for you. Everyone can draw, including YOU! Tap into you inner-artist in this encouraging, non-judgmental drawing class as YOU:
- Relax and enjoy the magical medium of drawing
- Get inspired by the stunning scenery of Central Park from within the walls of the renowned Metropolitan Museum of Art
- Feel nurtured as you learn, explore and practice drawing techniques such as composition, shading, depth, line, dimension, and your own unique self-expression
- Receive one-on-one expert art instruction
- Enjoy the Roof Garden Martini Bar or Great Hall Balcony Bar for live music and drinks on your own after your drawing class (optional, not included in class)
- Receive the health benefits of drawing, such as deep relaxation, stress release, increased memory and focus, and of course, enjoyment!
Meeting Location and Time:
Group meets at flowered pot next to the group desk in THE GREAT HALL 15 minutes before class start time. Latecomers will find group at Temple of Dendur in Egyptian Wing.
Online Zoom Art Class Materials:
All classes are now held online in our virtual art classrooms using zoom classrooms. Art class materials should be ordered ahead of the first class meeting time. Or you may use materials you already have.
Click here to see our online materials list and order them to be shipped directly to you.
Venue: Metropolitan Museum of Art
Met Museum description