Read More about your instructor: Caroline Webb
*This weekly class session has already begun, but it's never too late to create! When available, we keep registration open in our art classes so you may join a class that has already started. WE PRORATE THE COST TO REFLECT THE NUMBER OF WEEKS LEFT IN THE CLASS.
Enjoy the magic of New York City’s summer outdoors, and learn how to create a variety of beautiful drawings inspired by nature, landscapes, flowers, water, and outdoor beauty! Allow the soothing scenery of New York City’s parks to be your muse as you tap into your inner-artist in this fear free drawing class, in person! Enjoy this inspiring, relaxing, and socially distanced outdoor adult beginner drawing class with New York City’s #1-rated art studio, The Art Studio NY! With our small-sized adult art classes, we will express our creativity in a spacious, beautiful location in Central Park on The Upper West Side (West 70’s), where we will feel uplifted by the beauty of nature, the connection to creative kindred spirits and the exploration of drawing in pencil and charcoal.
Feel inspired by the colors, textures and natural beauty while practicing a variety of drawing techniques in your own unique, expressive drawings. As you tap into your authentic self-expression through this inspiring drawing class, receive individualized expert art instruction based on your needs and interests, and create a variety of finished drawings to feel proud of. Enjoy drawing demonstrations and learn a variety of drawing techniques in every single art class, including tips and tools in landscape “en plein air” drawing, blending, contrast, composition, mark making, personal style, shading, 3-D effect, and many other important drawing techniques. Connect with our warm and non-judgemental teaching approach with an expert artist and educator as your guide, and enjoy the beauty, relaxation and stress-relief of our outdoor drawing class, while you discover the best part of your week. This class is friendly to all levels, total beginners, intermediate levels and beyond.
This art class is perfect for all levels, total beginners welcome! Small group art instruction is provided so each participant both stays safe and also receives one-on-one art instruction to support your creative development and authentic self-expression. In our socially distanced outdoor fear-free drawing class in NYC, adults will:
- Explore a variety of drawing techniques in charcoal drawing and pencil drawing, and learn how to create artwork while tapping into your unique self-expression
- Enjoy tailor-made, encouraging and non-judgemental one-on-one expert art instruction from a New York City art educator and artist
- Learn how to draw “En Plein Air” and experience why landscapes and nature are the subject matter of choice to many famous artists
- Delight in the beauty of drawing while enjoying the relaxation of sunsets by the water as you learn and create drawings that capture your viewpoint
- Experience and learn from guided demonstrations filled with important artistic tips, techniques and tools to apply to your own drawings
- Learn the most important drawing techniques such as composition, process over product, learning to see, overview vs. detail, discovering shape, negative space, expressive mark making, materials usage, viewfinder, layering, eraser as a tool, form, and more
- Discover your own personal and authentic artistic style
- Receive the proven mental and emotional health benefits of art classes, including the reduction of stress, anxiety and depression, and the enhanced benefits of boosted self-esteem, relaxation, mental clarity, focus, and inner-peace
Any art classes that cannot take place due to inclement weather will automatically be scheduled to meet online at the same time and day.
Materials are not included. You may order your art supplies on our website HERE, or bring the following supplies with you for each class. You will need:
- Drawing pencil(s)
- Gum eraser
- Vinyl eraser
- Vine charcoal (soft or medium)
- Drawing pad (size of your choice)
- a few paper towels or baby wipes
Outdoor Class Precautions to Stay Safe
We are committed to the safety and health of our students and staff. To ensure a safe learning experience, our outdoor art classes will:
- Take place during less crowded times and days or spaces in parks
- All of our staff members are fully vaccinated
- To prevent the spread of COVID-19, art supplies will not be shared between students or staff
- Students are requested to bring sanitizer for frequent hand cleaning
- The use of face masks and other protective gear is required for unvaccinated participants
Meeting Location and Time:
Directions will be emailed.
Art Class Materials:
In-person classes art supplies note. Art class materials should be ordered ahead of the first class meeting time. Or you may use materials you already have.
Click here to see our online materials list and order them to be shipped directly to you.