NOTE: This is an Online Art Class. Our instructors will work with you over high-quality live video and teach you to make art from the comfort of your home. The Art Studio NY conducts classes from New York City, United States (Eastern US Time Zone)
*It’s never too late to create! This art class has already begun, and we welcome new students to join at the prorated cost that reflects the number of weeks remaining in the class. Our instructors will catch you up!.
Deepen your creative expression in this relaxing, encouraging and instructive intermediate level collage, painting and mixed-media art class with NYC's #1-rated art studio, The Art Studio NY! Take your artwork to the next level as you continue to experiment and learn about a wide variety of art materials, fundamental art techniques and personal style. Express your unique, creative point of view through a combination of papers, textures, paint, color, layers, found objects and more! Further develop your creative practice and take new risks while receiving supportive, non-judgmental, individualized instruction and one-on-one guidance from a professional artist based on your personal needs and interests.
This intermediate level art class inspires you to learn, explore and experiment with mixed-media art while connecting to community and creating many personalized pieces of artwork to feel proud of.
- In this Intermediate Collage, Painting and Mixed-Media Art Class, YOU will:
- Deepen your artistic practice while further exploring and learning about artistic techniques in collage, painting, mixed-media, and a wide variety of art supplies
- Explore, practice and improve upon foundational techniques, including: color, tone/value, texture usage, traditional and non-traditional materials usage, composition, glazing, brushwork, personal imagery, paint application, the art of combining art mediums, and more!
- Learn new weekly art class techniques with hands-on demonstrations
- Receive customized, one-on-one expert art instruction based on your personal needs and interests
- Learn in our encouraging, intimidation-free, non-judgmental art studio
- Feel inspired by subject matter as you discover your own voice through: abstraction, realism, landscape, the human figure, art history, and personally chosen subject matter
- Create multiple artworks that you will be proud to hang in your home!
- Receive daily inspiration and support in between classes within our Member's Only student online community
- Connect meaningfully with like-minded students and give and receive feedback about improving your artwork
- Receive the data-driven, lasting health benefits of art classes, including reduced anxiety and depression, deepened relaxation and stress relief, mental clarity, increased serotonin and personal fulfillment
Art Class Materials:
Materials are not included.
You will need:
- an Acrylic Paint Set,
- Paint Brushes (variety of sizes),
- Palette Knife,
- Paint Palette,
- 2-4 canvases (canvas boards or stretched),
- Cup/Jar for Water,
- Matte Medium
- Special Note: We recommend Blick Art Materials, and you may use any brand you like.
⭐ There are 0 more sessions. We hope you have been enjoying the experience. We offer exclusive, early signup for existing students so you save your spot in the next class series. Please take a moment to click to sign up for your next art class today!