NOTE: This is an Online Art Class. Our instructors will work with you over high-quality live video and teach you to make art from the comfort of your home. The Art Studio NY conducts classes from New York City, United States (Eastern US Time Zone)
*It’s never too late to create! This art class has already begun, and we welcome new students to join at the prorated cost that reflects the number of weeks remaining in the class. Our instructors will catch you up!.
Nurture your inner-artist and feel inspired as you deepen your practice of watercolor painting in this inspiring online intermediate watercolor painting class with NYC's #1-rated art studio, The Art Studio NY! If you have taken our Online or In-Person Beginner Watercolor Painting Class or have previous watercolor painting experience, this live, online painting class is perfect for you! Continue to learn and practice the most important and inspiring watercolor painting techniques as you express yourself while painting your own personalized, unique works of art. Connect with our encouraging and supportive community of students worldwide and receive personalized instruction from a top-notch professional artist and art educator. Explore a wide variety of watercolor painting styles and techniques that will expand your creativity, build your confidence as an artist, and help you relax, increase joy and relieve stress. In this online watercolor painting class, YOU will:
- Explore and paint from a wide variety of subject matter, including flowers, birds and landscapes
- Learn and strengthen specific watercolor techniques, including color theory, composition, layering, brushstroke styles, and more
- Continue practicing fundamental watercolor techniques including gradated washes, wet and dry paint application, texture creation, light and shadow, blending and edge control
- Feel inspired with group instruction at a relaxed pace as well as one-on-one, tailor-made, expert watercolor painting instruction by a professional artist and teacher from our NYC art studio
- Enjoy motivating artistic demonstrations that support your creative development
- Continue to develop your own personal painting style while deepening your artistic technique and authentic self-expression
- Receive the added bonus of participating in our private Facebook community, for students only, with inspiration, meaningful connection and support between weekly classes
- Receive the scientifically proven health benefits of online watercolor painting classes including enhanced relaxation and stress relief, increased memory, boosted self-esteem, and greater satisfaction
Art materials are not included, please see materials list.
Art Class Materials:
Materials are not included. You will need:
- Watercolor Paper (any size you prefer and preferably 140 lbs, but 90 lbs will be fine),
- Watercolor Paint Set (Watercolor Pan sets are great for beginners),
- Paint Palette,
- Watercolor Brushes (variety of rounds and flats),
- cup/jar for water,
- Painter's Blue Tape,
- Pencil, Eraser,
- Sakura Pigma Micron Black Pen
- Optional: Masking Fluid
- Special Note: We recommend Blick Art Materials, and you may use any brand you like.