Read More about your instructor: The Art Studio NY Staff
Read More about your instructor: Sophia Spector
Read More about your instructor: Caroline Webb
*This weekly class session has already begun, but it's never too late to create! When available, we keep registration open in our art classes so you may join a class that has already started. WE PRORATE THE COST TO REFLECT THE NUMBER OF WEEKS LEFT IN THE CLASS.
IN-PERSON KIDS SUMMER ART PROGRAM
OUTDOOR SUMMER FUN. SOCIALLY DISTANCED. SMALL GROUP. COVID-SAFE.
Kids Summer Art Program in Central Park: Ages 6-11
Get ready for a creative and safe summer of art, friendship and FUN! Have a blast with our in-person, small group, socially distanced, CREATIVE kids summer program in Central Park with New York City’s #1-rated art studio, The Art Studio NY! With socially distanced small groups of 7 kids maximum (all of our NYC in-person art instructors and staff are vaccinated), we will express our inner-artists, enjoy nature’s inspiration, learn new artistic techniques, experiment with a variety of art supplies,explore famous artists as our muse, and freely let our creativity soar in a spacious, beautiful outdoor location in Central Park reserved for The Art Studio NY.
Kids will create artwork to feel proud of while learning endless drawing, painting and mixed media art techniques and experimenting with art supplies such as color pastel painting, watercolor painting, collage materials, pencil sketching, and more. While creating artwork “en plein air” like famous artists Monet and Georgia O’Keeffe did, we will also allow the culture, architecture, and energy of the best city in the world, New York City, to inspire our self-expression, while also learning about dozens of artists and artistic styles, such as impressionism, fauvism, cubism, realism, portraiture, and more.
Every child will receive encouraging, uplifting and non-judgemental expert art instruction by professional NYC artists and our team of top art educators. With engaging and entertaining art instruction and creative art games that are customized for each and every child, our tailor-made teaching approach is based on the individual needs and interests of every person. All levels are welcome, including total beginners, in our warm, joyful and upbeat NYC art studio outdoor summer program... where kids create impressive and unique artwork while making friends and having loads of FUN everyday, all summer long!
**COVID safety rules will be adhered to strictly. All of our art instructors and staff are vaccinated. Our summer NYC children’s art program has received a permit from Central Park, and the specific Upper West Side park location will be shared upon registration.
In our socially distanced, COVID-safe summer outdoor art program, kids will:
- Explore and learn new drawing, painting, and mixed-media art techniques while creatively tapping into their unique self-expression
- Feel inspired by New York City’s artworld, architecture, diversity, culture, and Central Park’s natural beauty
- Have fun and socialize with new friends while tapping into the freedom, joy and wellbeing benefits of creativity, artmaking and outdoor summer fun
- Enjoy tailor-made, encouraging and non-judgemental one-on-one art instruction from our New York City art educators while creating artwork with watercolor paints, pastels, colored pencils, found objects, collage, mixed-media and more
- Learn artistic techniques such as blending, shading, perspective, 3D effect, layering, color mixing, multimedia materials, and more!
- Tap into their imagination and inner-artist while learning drawing and painting techniques and unique artists styles in landscape art, abstraction, realism, architecture, sketching, impressionism, pop art, comics and cartooning, watercolor painting, and more!
- Learn how to draw, paint, and create artwork “En Plein Air” like the masters
- Discover personal, unique artistic style while freely expressing themselves
- Receive the lasting benefits of art classes proven by science, including increased communication skills, enhanced relaxation, greater focus, increased self-esteem, boosted social skills and heightened academic success
- The fun doesn’t stop on rainy days or during inclement weather, we will meet live in our virtual online art studio!
OUTDOOR SUMMER PROGRAM: SAFETY FIRST
We are committed to the safety and health of our community. To ensure a safe summer art program experience, our art studio summer program in NYC will:
- Take place in a permitted location on the Upper West Side in Central Park provided by New York City’s Parks Department
- Have daily health checks
- Have fully vaccinated art studio staff and teachers
- Provide art supply lists for participants to bring with them daily. To prevent the spread of COVID-19, art supplies will not be shared between students
- Provide a packing list for all participants to bring art materials, water and other supplies from home daily
- All rules and regulations of New York City, New York State and The Parks Department will be strictly adhered to, including the use of face masks and social distancing as necessary
- Due to COVID rules, we will require full-week registration. Drop-ins and partial-week options are not available at this time
- Encourage kids and staff to stay home if they are not feeling well for any reason
- Have on hand, and follow strictly, The Parks Safety Affirmation Plan, at all times
Meeting Location and Time:
(Drop off: 9:00 am – 9:15 am)
Meetup directions and locations will be shared via email.
Art Class Materials:
In-person classes art supplies note. Art class materials should be ordered ahead of the first class meeting time. Or you may use materials you already have.
Click here to see our online materials list and order them to be shipped directly to you.
⭐ There are 0 more sessions. We hope you have been enjoying the experience. We offer exclusive, early signup for existing students so you save your spot in the next class series. Please take a moment to click to sign up for your next art class today!