No Class On: Dec 25, Jan 1
NOTE: This is an Online Art Class. Our instructors will work with you over high-quality live video and teach you to make art from the comfort of your home. The Art Studio NY conducts classes from New York City, United States (Eastern US Time Zone)
*It’s never too late to create! This art class has already begun, and we welcome new students to join at the prorated cost that reflects the number of weeks remaining in the class. Our instructors will catch you up!.
Calling all teen artists who love to DRAW! Join NYC's #1-rated art studio, The Art Studio NY, for this engaging, non-judgmental and FUN drawing class that teaches our fear-free method of how to draw portraits and figures. In this interactive and upbeat small group drawing class, teens will be guided by a professional artist and art educator as they express themselves authentically through life drawing. With both group instruction and one-on-one, tailor-made feedback, each student will learn about gesture, proportions, perspective, features, mark making, shading, dimension and more. Developing artistic skills in portrait and figure drawing is a foundational skill that can positively impact all types of artistic practice.
Teens in this class will:
- Receive step-by-step drawing instruction and learn how to draw portraits, figures, as well as focus on specific features like eyes, hands, mouths and hair
- Enjoy individualized artistic drawing guidance by a topnotch art educator
- Learn and practice new foundational drawing techniques to improve upon in every single class
- Participate in inspiring and engaging group discussions and sharing circles about art, drawing and self-expression
- Learn art history fun facts and experiment with a variety of drawing styles inspired by famous artists
- Have fun with surprise "online group art exhibits"
- Bond with friends, old and new while feeling empowered to express themselves through creativity.
- Share with the teacher what they most want to draw and receive dedicated instruction on how to draw subject matter they are most excited about
- Build a portfolio of drawings to feel proud of and hang at home
- Receive the health, wellness and academic benefits that art classes offer, including boosted self-esteem, greater academic achievement, stress and anxiety relief, increased focus, greater problem solving skills, improved communication skills, and more!
For this class, you will need the following materials: Drawing Paper, Pencil, Eraser, Colored Pencils
Art Class Materials:
Materials are not included.
You will need:
- Drawing Paper,
- Pencil Sharpener,
- Colored Pencils