Read More about your instructor: The Art Studio NY Staff
Read More about your instructor: Caroline Webb
*This weekly class session has already begun, but it's never too late to create! When available, we keep registration open in our art classes so you may join a class that has already started. WE PRORATE THE COST TO REFLECT THE NUMBER OF WEEKS LEFT IN THE CLASS.
Teen Summer Art Program Outdoors in Riverside Park: Ages 12-17
Calling creative teens for the BEST summer art program experience in New York City! If you’re a teenager who loves the fun of summer art camp while expressing yourself artistically, learning new drawing and painting techniques, and enjoying social connection with like minded teens, all while having FUN, our NYC teen summer art program is for you!
Join New York City’s #1-rated art studio, The Art Studio NY, for this inspiring, supportive and non-judgemental in-person, small group, socially distanced, CREATIVE camp style summer program. We will enjoy the beauty of Riverside Park as our muse while also creating artwork inspired by New York City’s famous artists, architecture, landscapes, culture and freedom of expression. With small groups of 12 teens maximum (all of our NYC in-person art instructors and staff are vaccinated), each participant will receive one-on-one, tailor-made instruction, guidance and feedback according to individual needs and interests. In our summer teen art program, let your creativity soar as we tap into the joy and relaxation of our true artistic spirits in a spacious, beautiful outdoor location in Riverside Park reserved and permitted for The Art Studio NY.
In this teen summer art program that feels just like summer art camp, we will create artwork to feel proud of while learning endless drawing, painting and mixed media art techniques and experimenting with art supplies such as color pastel painting, watercolor painting, collage materials, pencil sketching, portrait drawing, figurative artwork, and more. While creating artwork “en plein air” like famous artists Cezanne and Renoir did, we will also allow the energy of the best city in the world, New York City, to inspire our self-expression, while also receiving inspiration from dozens of artists and artistic styles, such as impressionism, fauvism, cubism, realism, abstraction, landscape painting, and more.
Every teen in our summer art program will receive encouraging, uplifting and non-judgemental expert art instruction by professional NYC artists and our team of top art educators. With engaging and entertaining art instruction and creative art warm-ups that are customized for each and every teen, our individualized teaching approach is based on each and every person. All levels are welcome, including total beginners to teens developing their art portfolio, for our joyful and upbeat NYC art studio outdoor summer program... where kids tap into a summer camp-like spirit while creating impressive and unique artwork, making friends and having loads of FUN everyday, all summer long!
**COVID safety rules will be adhered to strictly. All of our art instructors and staff are vaccinated. Our summer NYC teen art program has received a permit from Riverside Park, and the specific Upper West Side park location will be shared upon registration.
In our socially distanced, COVID-safe summer outdoor teen art program, teens will:
- Explore and learn new drawing, painting, and mixed-media art techniques while creatively tapping into their unique self-expression
- Feel inspired by New York City’s art world, architecture, diversity, culture, and Riverside Park’s natural beauty
- Have fun and socialize with new friends while tapping into the freedom, joy and wellbeing benefits of creativity, artmaking and outdoor summer fun
- Enjoy tailor-made, encouraging and non-judgemental one-on-one art instruction from our New York City art educators while creating artwork with watercolor paints, pastels, pencil, colored pencils, found objects, collage, mixed-media and more
- Explore, practice and advance your drawing class techniques, such as: composition, shading, depth, line quality, dimension, realism, personal subject matter, mark making, blending, perspective, 3D effect, and your own stylistic drawing expression
- Experiment with and learn about art techniques related to landscape drawing and painting, mixed media art, and watercolor painting, including lighting, color blending, color layering, contrast, drawing and painting from observation, abstraction, color fields, layering, transparency, glazing and more
- Tap into their imagination and inner-artist while practicing drawing and painting techniques and learning about unique artistic styles in landscape art, abstraction, realism, architecture, sketching, impressionism, pop art, figurative art, comics and cartooning, watercolor painting, and more!
- Learn how to draw, paint, and create artwork “En Plein Air” like master artists
- Discover a personal, unique artistic style while freely expressing themselves
- Receive the lasting benefits of art classes proven by science, including increased communication skills, enhanced relaxation, greater focus, increased self-esteem, boosted social skills and heightened academic success
- The fun doesn’t stop on rainy days or during inclement weather, we will meet live in our virtual online art studio!
OUTDOOR SUMMER PROGRAM: SAFETY FIRST
We are committed to the safety and health of our community. To ensure a safe summer art program experience, our art studio summer program in NYC will:
- Take place in a permitted location on the Upper West Side in Central Park provided by New York City’s Parks Department
- Have daily health checks
- Have fully vaccinated art studio staff and teachers
- Provide art supply lists for participants to bring with them daily. To prevent the spread of COVID-19, art supplies will not be shared between students
- Provide a packing list for all participants to bring art materials, water and other supplies from home daily
- All rules and regulations of New York City, New York State and The Parks Department will be strictly adhered to, including the use of face masks and social distancing as necessary
- Due to COVID rules, we will require full-week registration. Drop-ins and partial-week options are not available at this time
- Encourage kids and staff to stay home if they are not feeling well for any reason
- Have on hand, and follow strictly, The Parks Safety Affirmation Plan, at all times
In-Person (Outdoor and In-Studio) Art Camp Materials:
Due to the CDC COVID camp precautions, we will NOT supply art materials this summer. Rather, each family is responsible for purchasing and bringing their own art supplies daily. Please purchase the following supplies prior to your first day of camp. To make it easy, CLICK BELOW to purchase inexpensive art supplies that will be delivered to your door! Sharing supplies between kids is not permitted. Make sure to order with plenty of time for shipping (at least 7 business days prior to camp).
Click here to see our online materials list and order them to be shipped directly to you.
⭐ There are 0 more sessions. We hope you have been enjoying the experience. We offer exclusive, early signup for existing students so you save your spot in the next class series. Please take a moment to click to sign up for your next art class today!