ONLINE SUMMER ART & CREATIVITY CAMP
Join The Art Studio NY’s online summer camps where you’ll fill up on friendship, laughter, connection, unbounded creativity and FUN. Our online summer camp program will be the highlight of your summer!
Enjoy The Art Studio NY’s live, online camp experience — one that is exciting, magical and connected, all from the safety of home. Our engaging, high-energy and creative online activities for kids and teens of all ages include:
- MORNING and AFTERNOON ONLINE ART CAMP: Engaging, entertaining and FUN drawing classes, painting projects, manga, watercolor painting, realism, abstraction, art journaling, collage, mixed-media, comics and cartooning, crafts, landscape arts, portraiture, art history fun facts, graffiti, creative lettering, group art games, team spirit, socializing with friends, & more!
CAMP REGISTRATION OPTIONS
Please choose 3, 4, or 5 days or half days. You will be able to choose the specific days (M-F) and Morning Art (AM) or Afternoon Art (PM) when you are in the checkout.
- HALF-DAY MORNING is Online Art Camp (2 hours): 9 am - 11 am:, 2 hours of online art camp activities + a FREE 30 minute off-screen art project
- HALF-DAY AFTERNOON is Online Art Camp (2 hours): 1 pm - 3 pm, 2 hours of online art camp instruction + a FREE 30 minute off-screen art project
- FULL-DAY ONLINE SUMMER CAMP is Online Art Camp (4 hours): 9 am - 11 am, lunch break, 1 pm - 3pm, 4 hours of instruction + 1 hour of FREE off-screen art projects
WELCOME TO YOUR SUMMER OF EVERYTHING CREATIVE AND FUN!
With 15 years as New York City’s #1 art studio, we are dedicated to kids’ wellbeing, self-expression and growth, and we are confident that our online summer camp program will be anything BUT boring as we unite together with families living through COVID-19.
Online Summer Camp Highlights
- Tailor-made magical daily summer camp packed with friendship and endless fun
- Enjoy a variety of interactive and spirited creative activities every hour of the camp day
- Engaging, small group activities (1 instructor for 15 or less kids) that are customized to each and every camper
- Have fun with old friends and make new friends from around the country (and world!)
- Have a group of friends that you want to have camp with? Create your own bunk!
- Breakout groups to ensure kids are socially connecting in excited ways
- New painting, drawing, comics, and mixed-media art projects that are exciting, always fresh and never repeated twice
- We make learning fun with art fun-facts and exploring “world travel field trips”
- Curated activities menu to align with kids’ interests and age groups
- Caring, inspiring, credentialized instructors and educators who are experienced in teaching and motivating kids both online and in person
- Exposure to new activities, experiences and friendships to broaden horizons
- A wide variety of activities to keep kids excited, engaged, learning, and exploring
Ages 13+ Teens Summer Online Art Camps
Click a week to learn more about the summer art camp and sign up.
Monday, Jul 13 - Friday, Jul 17, 2020
Monday, Jul 20 - Friday, Jul 24, 2020
Monday, Jul 27 - Friday, Jul 31, 2020
Monday, Aug 03 - Friday, Aug 07, 2020
Monday, Aug 10 - Friday, Aug 14, 2020
Monday, Aug 17 - Friday, Aug 21, 2020
Monday, Aug 24 - Friday, Aug 28, 2020
Monday, Aug 31 - Friday, Sep 04, 2020
How Does Online Summer Camp Work?
We paint, draw, craft, dance, sing, play games, and make surprise postcards for our camp penpals. We laugh, meditate, do downward dogs, share art journals, have talent shows and bond with friends, old and new. Together, in a safe, warm and non-judgemental caring camp community, we will make magic and memories from the safety of home.
Each week, your camper is able to enjoy a variety of their favorite activities every day. We have crafted an online summer camp program that offers real-life fun!
Enjoy half day, full day, or a la carte options to keep your child happy, healthy, engaged and connected to friends with hour-long creative activities, art class projects, games and fun surprises to keep them interested and excited all summer long.
An art materials list will be provided. As a parent, we want online summer camp to be easy for you! Order your No Fuss Art Kit and have them delivered straight to your door. Chances are, you have many of the supplies at home already!
WE VALUE FLEXIBILITY. WHAT YOU WANT, WE WANT FOR YOU.
With so much uncertainty, we know flexibility matters.
Choose from a variety of online summer camp packages to best suit your scheduling needs and your child’s interests. Our various online camp programs offer the largest range of interactive and diverse creative activities to suit any child’s interests and needs.
When registering, simply indicate what days and times you’d like in the shopping cart. On the day of camp, you can easily connect to your online cabin through our online Zoom class portal. Your registration email will contain informational links with all the directions you need.
CAMP REGISTRATION OPTIONS
- Half-Day Morning Online Art Camp (2 hours)
- Half-Day Afternoon Online Art Camp (2 hours)
- Full-Day Morning+Afternoon Online Art Camp (5 hours)
- Create Your Own Bunk with Friends (2, 4 and 6 hour options)
- 1-Hour Online Art Classes
- Make Your Own Bunk: All age groups
SAMPLE SCHEDULE: KIDS/Teens
Online Art Camp
9 am Morning Friendship Gratitude Circle, Surprise Art Games & Icebreakers
Promoting friendship, creativity and FUN, friends gather with a new daily camper as the morning leader to lead the group in a different activity every morning. Engage socially and start the day to get the energy going! Keep things surprising so that every day is fun, different and engaging.
A: Morning Friendship Gratitude Circle: Focusing on inspiration and kindness, share in conversations such as “what are you most grateful for”, “what qualities are important in a leader, name one person in your life that you think is a leader”, and “what is the most important quality in a good friend”? Go around in a “circle” so each person can share.
B: Art Games: From drawing prompts to cahoot to pictionary and more, kick off the day with an online game that all participate in.
C: Icebreakers: Allow a camper to lead the icebreaker by providing them with a list of possible icebreaker questions, and they then lead the way.
9:15 -10 am Fear-Free Sketching/ 5 Minute Drawing Game
A live, step-by-step drawing project where art techniques are learned and practiced in real time. Sharing fun-facts about famous artists, names of techniques of the day for kids to remember (especially for the younger kids) and beautiful artwork created. Subject matter includes drawing animals, portraits, cartoons, landscapes, artist-inspired pieces and more in pastels, pencil, and sharpies!
*To keep things fun and engaging, take a “surprise break” to keep kids engaged at 9:35 for 5 minutes max. Choose from the list of online games, such as a quick scavenger hunt, a Lipsync contest, or a drawing prompt game.
10 – 10:05 am Grooving and Moving: 5 Minute Dance Party and Other Fun Movement Games
One camper chooses their favorite song, and blast it over screen share to dance (rather than sitting and sitting in front of the screen), a 5 minute laughter yoga video, a scavenger home hunt race, and more
10:05 – 10:50a Watercolor and Mixed-Media Portrait Painting
Kick off with a short video (link provided) about Frida Kahlo, learn about what makes her artwork unique, and have a quick chat about this famous artist. Sharing new techniques and encouraging individual expression, guide the group in a step-by-step art project while providing individualized feedback as they create their artwork.
*Have a quick 3 minute game ready to play and enjoy in the middle of the painting to keep kids engaged and laughing.
10:50 am – 10:55 am Daily Art Gallery Exhibit
Share your art from the day with camp friends. Attend on your own or invite friends and family at home, too. Every day, a new camper(s) will be the “showcased gallery artist” and share about the artwork they created today, and all other campers will be able to interact and share what they like most about the artwork created. Other days, have multiple campers show their artwork, and use the zoom breakout for people to group up in pairs.
10:55 am Favorites and Off-Screen Project
What was your favorite part of camp today, what was your highlight? (or switch up the questions to make it interesting and fast fun) After sharing, we will provide a 30-minute
off-screen art or crafts project for kids/teens to do at home. Also, encourage kids to finish any artwork they did not complete so they can share it tomorrow. Share the 30-minute at home project (quick video or quick screen share) and see you tomorrow or this afternoon!
Watercolor and Acrylic Painting
Sketching and Drawing
Fashion Art with a Fashion Show
Comics and Cartooning: Make Your Own Comic Book
Inspirational Fun-Facts of Famous Artists
Off-Screen Crafts Projects
Relax (for breaks):
PRICING & REGISTRATION
Morning, 9 am – 11 am: 2 hours of online camp activities +a FREE 30 minute off-screen art project
Afternoon, 1 pm – 3 pm: 2 hours of instruction + a FREE 30 minute off-screen art project
Full Day, 9 am – 11 am, lunch break, 1 pm – 3pm: 4 hours of instruction + 1 hour of off-screen art projects
Half-Day Morning, $145
Half-Day Afternoon, $145
Full Day, $275
Half-Day Morning, $185
Half-Day Afternoon, $185
Full Day, $329
5-day option (Monday – Friday)
Half-Day Morning, $199
Half-Day Afternoon, $199
Full Day, $349
Morning Session, Afternoon Session, Full Day Session
9 am – 11 am : Morning Session (with 1/2 hour of off-screen activities)
Free for all campers! 12 pm – 12:30 Campwide Lunch, Camp Songs and Summer Games
1:00 pm – 3:00 pm: Afternoon Session ( with 1/2 hour of off-screen activities)
9 am – 3:00 pm: Full Day Session ( with 1 hour of off-screen activities)