THE ART STUDIO NY LLC POLICIES
REGISTRATION AND CONFIRMATION
Your spot in the class or program of your choice will be saved only upon registration and payment. Payment and Registration are only processed if there is room in the course. Upon registration and payment, The Art Studio NY will confirm your registration in the class of your choice. If you sign up for a class that is already full, we will automatically place you on our waiting list and advise you towards another class that suits your needs and creative interests. Because we value personal connection with our students, our classes within the studio have a maximum student capacity so that we can keep our classes small and offer personal attention to each student.
PRORATED ART CLASSES
We offer prorated options for art classes that have already started. This option allows students to join an art class after it’s initial start date. The initial cost of the art class is prorated according to how many classes have already been completed in any given session. As a student who is choosing our prorated option, your art instructor will catch you up with anything you have missed. Since we offer one-on-one guided instruction, students enjoy our prorated classes in case they weren’t able to register for the initial start date.
Full payment is required in order to reserve a spot in the class or program of your choice. We accept cash, personal checks, money orders, as well as Visa, MasterCard, and American Express via our online payment link on our website. All checks must be drawn on US funds. There is a $50 charge for returned checks.
Although course cancellation at The Art Studio NY is quite rare, The Art Studio NY reserves the right to cancel classes or change instructor assignments and makes every effort to notify students in advance. If enrollment goals are not met, a course may be cancelled up to 48 hours before the first scheduled class. In the event of cancellation, a full refund or credit is granted. On occasion, a course start-date will be pushed back if enrollment goals are not met. In this instance, you will receive a credit for the price of the class that did not take place.
The Art Studio NY does not provide supplies for your course/program unless prior arrangements are made with an additional studio materials fee. Courses and programs that include materials are noted clearly. After full registration, you will receive a materials list for your class approximately two weeks prior to your class start date. You are responsible for bringing your weekly materials; materials are not stored at The Art Studio NY. Works in progress (wet canvases or large paper) may remain at The Art Studio NY between weekly sessions with your name on it.
PHOTOGRAPHS AND RECORDINGS
The Art Studio NY classes, events, parties and workshops for adults, teens and children may be recorded and photographed for marketing, website, social media, archival and/or other purposes. Such recording or photographing may include pictures of the attendees, individuals at our program or class participants. Your attendance at any class, party or event at The Art Studio NY LLC shall be deemed your consent to appear in such programming and/or photographs without compensation or additional approval of any kind
PRIVATE CLASSES AND PRIVATE PARTY SCHEDULING AND PAYMENT
Private classes and private parties are based on availability and advanced appointment only. Since we book up quickly on a daily and weekly basis, we require full payment within 48 hours of scheduling in order to hold your private class appointment of choice (date/time/instructor). We require an advanced non-refundable deposit for all private parties and corporate events. Once you have contacted The Art Studio NY with your preferred date/time/instructor, we will do everything possible to accommodate your scheduling needs. We suggest providing three possible time slots in order for us to serve your needs best.
PRIVATE CLASS CANCELLATION POLICY
If you need to postpone, reschedule, or cancel your private lesson, please notify us at least 48 hours in advance of your class. If cancellation is made within 48 hours, you will be charged for your session regardless of your non-attendance. Appointments cancelled within 48 hours of your scheduled appointment are non-refundable or transferable.
PRIVATE PARTY AND CORPORATE EVENTS CANCELLATION POLICY
If you need to cancel or reschedule your private party or corporate event at The Art Studio NY, please do so at least 10 business days in advance. We will do the best we can to accommodate your scheduling needs. We charge a $300 rescheduling fee, and all deposits are non-refundable. Cancellations within 10 business days of your event are non-transferable and non-refundable. If the event is rescheduled due to extreme weather circumstances, no rescheduling fee will apply.
Due to our fully booked classes, if you miss a class due to any reason, either personal or professional, we DO NOT offer a “make up” class by attending another class offered on a different day or time. Make-up classes are not offered under any circumstances.
WITHDRAWALS AND REFUNDS
Withdrawals and refunds are available only according to the schedule below. All refunds will be made by check, and processing of refunds requires 8-10 weeks.
Gift cards and gift certificates, once purchased, cannot be returned nor refunded.
CREDITS AND REFUNDS
Refunds are not provided once you have registered for a class of any kind. A credit towards a future class at The Art Studio NY will be provided on a case by case basis.
Ongoing Weekly Classes
To receive credit, you must contact The Art Studio NY, specifically a Studio Coordinator, seven days or more before your class begins. If you call six days or less from the start of your class, credit will be issued only if we are able to fill your seat.
• An administrative fee of $75 will be deducted from all credits provided.
• Credit is good for one year and cannot be changed to a refund.
• Credit will not be considered if you simply don’t show up for class or notify us in advance.
One Time Classes
Credit and/or refund will not be issued for any one time events (Date Night, Draw in the Park, Painting Parties, Painting Fundamentals, etc.).
Classes purchased through a Third Party
If you purchased through a third party, the above applies to your purchase, but the credit or refund will be issued by the third party. If we cancel a class that you purchased through a third party, you will receive a full refund or credit. You must contact the third party directly.
• Some exceptions are made for medical emergencies and other extenuating circumstances. Those are handled on a case-by-case basis.
• Refunds take up to six weeks to process.
REFUND POLICIES FOR OUTDOOR PROGRAMS
Due to the changing nature of COVID-19, we will update our refund and safety policies in accordance to any shifts in CDC and NYC regulations.
Last updated: 5/10/23
• Refunds will not be issued for any camp programs once a student arrives. This includes online camp, outdoor camp and indoor camp (once available).
• We will keep to strict social distancing rules, we will not grant refunds for students who do not abide to our rules. The Art Studio NY holds the right to dismiss such campers from our program.
• Refunds will not be given in instances of non-compliance with health screening processes
• If a student is sick for any reason, we ask parents to be responsible and withdraw from our camp program.
• Credits will be granted to sick students to attend an online camp program, or to join any in-person classes in the future. Credits for online camp or in-person classes will be based on availability. If no other credit options are viable for sick students, we will consider a refund on a case-by-case basis.
• Outside of illness, The Art Studio NY will be unable to grant credits or refunds due to smaller than average group sizes because of COVID-19 restrictions on daily operations.
Our terms and conditions for refunds and cancellations for all summer art programs, including Art Safari, are as follows:
- 1. Refunds for cancellations before May 15th will be provided, minus a one time $100 transaction service fee.
- 2. There are NO refunds or credits provided for cancellations for any reason after May 15th.
- 3. Transferring or changing your camp registration dates or times are not guaranteed. Requests must be requested in writing at least 3 weeks prior, are not guaranteed and are based on availability.
- 4. In the event of serious illness or accident before or during camp, a prorated credit will be given when accompanied by a physician's letter minus the $100 service transaction fee. This credit may be used for any future class or camp at The Art Studio NY for up to one year.
- 5. Safety and parent forms are due prior to your child's camp date. Your child cannot attend camp without valid forms.
- 6. Refunds and credits will not be granted for sick or absent days. We maintain a specific child-to-teacher ratio per group and we do not offer make-up days.
- 7. If your child gets COVID, we will provide you with a gift credit, minus a one time $100 transaction service fee, as long as a doctor’s note is provided WITHIN ONE WEEK. You may use the gift credit for any future camp or art class in the future. Due to small group sizes, we do not provide refunds.
The Art Studio NY does not accept responsibility for children except when under supervision of the appropriate employee in our art studio. Supervision is available only at program locations during program hours. Parents are responsible for notifying appropriate staff of a child’s absence, late arrival, early or late pickup and any special circumstances relating to arrival or departure for children’s classes at the Art Studio NY. We will not be held responsible for a child if he/she arrives early or stays late. We are only responsible during the specified program times.
THE ART STUDIO NY PRACTICES AND POLICIES
The Art Studio NY is not responsible for providing makeup classes or issuing refunds for programs missed as a result of illness, emergencies, or other events beyond our control. Foul language or physical contact directed at any employee or patron will not be tolerated. The Art Studio NY reserves the right to remove from its premises or exclude from membership or activities, anyone, in its sole discretion, it deems necessary, that violates The Art Studio NY’s practices and policies. This includes, but is not limited to: anyone who disrupts a program or anyone who fails to abide by the studio’s rules and practices.