AGES 4 – 11 CREATIVE PAINTING, DRAWING, MIXED-MEDIA & MORE!Your child will thrive in our warm, nurturing and FUN creative summer art camp adventure for kids ages 4-11! In this joyous, active and unique summer art camp experience that is loved by parents and kids alike, our young artists-in-the-making have a blast daily as they:
- Create multiple art projects through painting, drawing, mixed-media & more
- Receive one-on-one art instruction with professional artists
- Enjoy customized, encouraging art studio instruction
- Discover the world of famous artists and artistic play
- Move and groove through fun art games and activities
- Tap into creativity with child-friendly paintings on canvas, pastels, collage, papers, charcoal, inks, and a variety of magical hands-on art projects and materials
- Practice true self-expression
TEENS AGES 12-17: SUMMER ART BOOT CAMP FOR TEENS!
Calling all creative teens who are ready to learn and master new drawing skills (and optional painting techniques, too!) in New York City’s most inspiring museum and park while having a LOT of fun. Receive the top-notch, engaging and non-judgemental art instruction that The Art Studio NY is known for. Whether you are a beginner, a more advanced artist, or preparing your fine art portfolio for high school or college, this inspiring drawing experience (and painting class) in our summer teen camp in Manhattan will spark your inner-artist and allow you to create artwork to feel proud of.
Small group art instruction is provided so each teen receives ongoing personalized attention and guidance tailored to your skill level, needs and interests. Enjoy the beauty and inspiration of New York City's Metropolitan Museum of Art and Central Park as YOU:
- Receive tailor-made, encouraging one-on-one expert teen art instruction in drawing, painting, artistic technique and individual self-expression in a small group setting (10 students maximum)
- Create beautiful artwork with pencil drawing in the museum, and choose from a variety of artistic mediums to work with in Central Park
- Feel inspired by the MET museum’s life-size sculptures, master paintings, architecture and interior spaces such as Egyptian Temples
- Learn how to express your personal artistic style
- Explore, practice and advance your drawing class techniques, such as: composition, shading, depth, line quality, dimension, realism, subject matter, mark making, and your own unique artistic style
- Express yourself through drawing or painting and experiment with art materials including color pastels, charcoal, pencil, mixed-media or watercolors in Central Park (weather and temperature permitting)
- Experiment with and learn about art techniques related to landscape drawing and painting, including lighting, color blending, contrast, drawing and painting from observation, abstraction, color fields, layering and more
- Receive the lasting benefits of drawing classes proven by science, including enhanced relaxation, greater focus, and increased academic success
All levels welcome.
Materials and Museum admission are included. Classes held in Central Park are weather and temperature dependent. Meeting spot daily will be in The Metropolitan Museum of Art. **Meeting spot at The MET will be sent in a separate email from The Art Studio NY.**
A minimum of 3 days is required for summer camps.Learn More