"The Art Studio NY
is one of New York's
true delights, a welcoming
environment, and an amazing
place to learn & let your
creative spirit soar."
Outdoor In-Person Kids and Teens Summer Art in Central Park
Kids & Teens In-Person Summer Art in NYC
Get ready for a creative and safe summer of art, friendship and FUN! Have a blast with our in-person, small group, socially distanced, CREATIVE kids summer program in Central Park with New York City’s #1-rated art studio, The Art Studio NY!
With socially distanced small groups of 7 kids maximum (all of our NYC in-person art instructors and staff are vaccinated), we will express our inner-artists, enjoy nature’s inspiration, learn new artistic techniques, experiment with a variety of art supplies,explore famous artists as our muse, and freely let our creativity soar in a spacious, beautiful outdoor location in Central Park reserved for The Art Studio NY.
Kids & Teens make joyful summer art outdoors
Kids will create artwork to feel proud of while learning endless drawing, painting and mixed media art techniques and experimenting with art supplies such as color pastel painting, watercolor painting, collage materials, pencil sketching, and more.
While creating artwork “en plein air” like famous artists Monet and Georgia O’Keeffe did, we will also allow the culture, architecture, and energy of the best city in the world, New York City, to inspire our self-expression, while also learning about dozens of artists and artistic styles, such as impressionism, fauvism, cubism, realism, portraiture, and more.
Dates & Registration
5 Half Days, Monday-Friday, 9:00 am – 12:45 pm
(Drop off: 9:00 am – 9:15 am)
7 participants maximum per group, $599
Ages 6-11 Summer Outdoor In-Person Art Programs in Central Park
Click a week to learn more about the summer art programs and sign up.
Ages 12+ Teens Summer Outdoor In-Person Art Programs in Central Park
Dates & Registration
2 Full Afternoons Weekly, Tuesdays and Thursdays, 1:45 pm – 5 pm
12 participants maximum per group, $275
July 6 and July 8
July 13 and July 15
July 20 and July 22
July 27 and July 29
August 3rd and August 5th
August 10th and August 12th
August 17th and August 19th
August 24th and August 26th
Calling creative teens for the BEST summer art program experience in New York City! If you’re a teenager who loves the fun of summer art camp while expressing yourself artistically, learning new drawing and painting techniques, and enjoying social connection with like minded teens, all while having FUN, our NYC teen summer art program is for you!
Join New York City’s #1-rated art studio, The Art Studio NY, for this inspiring, supportive and non-judgemental in-person, small group, socially distanced, CREATIVE camp style summer program. We will enjoy the beauty of Riverside Park as our muse while also creating artwork inspired by New York City’s famous artists, architecture, landscapes, culture and freedom of expression. With small groups of 12 teens maximum (all of our NYC in-person art instructors and staff are vaccinated), each participant will receive one-on-one, tailor-made instruction, guidance and feedback according to individual needs and interests. In our summer teen art program, let your creativity soar as we tap into the joy and relaxation of our true artistic spirits in a spacious, beautiful outdoor location in Riverside Park reserved and permitted for The Art Studio NY.
About Art Classes in Central Park this summer
In our socially distanced, COVID-safe summer outdoor art program, kids will:
- Explore and learn new drawing, painting, and mixed-media art techniques while creatively tapping into their unique self-expression
- Feel inspired by New York City’s artworld, architecture, diversity, culture, and Central Park’s natural beauty
- Have fun and socialize with new friends while tapping into the freedom, joy and wellbeing benefits of creativity, artmaking and outdoor summer fun
- Enjoy tailor-made, encouraging and non-judgemental one-on-one art instruction from our New York City art educators while creating artwork with watercolor paints, pastels, colored pencils, found objects, collage, mixed-media and more
- Learn artistic techniques such as blending, shading, perspective, 3D effect, layering, color mixing, multimedia materials, and more!
- Tap into their imagination and inner-artist while learning drawing and painting techniques and unique artists styles in landscape art, abstraction, realism, architecture, sketching, impressionism, pop art, comics and cartooning, watercolor painting, and more!
- Learn how to draw, paint, and create artwork “En Plein Air” like the masters
- Discover personal, unique artistic style while freely expressing themselves
- Receive the lasting benefits of art classes proven by science, including increased communication skills, enhanced relaxation, greater focus, increased self-esteem, boosted social skills and heightened academic success
- The fun doesn’t stop on rainy days or during inclement weather, we will meet live in our virtual online art studio!